When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1570 case?

lionsandtigers

There sure are a lot of cases popping up lately. Between the Ok eBay seller, Ingod, Highoey and now this one.

Haven't seen this one before. On my phone....but the crown guards look better than the other 1680 cases. Cheap too!

If its really 1:1 and gen parts fit, it's a steal at 100$.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Forgive me if this item has been discussed before but anyone have any opinions on this case on the bay? item #230846930209

This is DW (David) here on rwg. This is his case and he is also the seller!

"I thought it was dw. Cgs look pretty good. Price is very good. Just wondered if anyone had their hands on one."

I bought two...here is the scoop:

There are no numbers etc between the lugs on either end. There are no obvious signs of removal and the case ends have a brushed finish, maybe caused by grinding the numbers off, who knows? Anyway they did an excellent job and the case is very well finished.

The inside of the caseback has the lettering and numbers roughly ground off.

The crystal, crystal retainer, and rotating bezel are not oem spec.

The rotating bezel is held on the crystal retaining ring by a spring wire...not snap on like oem.

Both bezel pearls were missing. The settings are in place though.

The case neck is oem spec so an oem crystal and Clark's bezel kit will work.

The case is threaded for an oem case tube. I do not know if a genuine case tube to case gasket will work or not.

I bead blasted the inside of the case backs to smooth them out and the writing became barely visible.

It says: Montres Rolex SA...Geneva Switzerland...Patented...Stainless Steel (above center).

And below is 5513 (!!)

These two are 5513 cases...not 1680 as advertised and ordered. They are 5.2mm thick and the DW 1680 cases are 5.6mm thick...I just now compared them.

The ad says: "DIY CASE SET FOR 1570 MOVEMENT."

"THIS DIY SET IS FOR YOUSELF DIR PERFECT SUBMARINER 1680 WATCH."

I left good feedback because it is not worth the trouble to send them back.

Sometimes you win. :pimp:

Sometimes you lose. :vava:

"I thought it was dw. Cgs look pretty good. Price is very good. Just wondered if anyone had their hands on one."

I bought two...here is the scoop:

There are no numbers etc between the lugs on either end. There are no obvious signs of removal and the case ends have a brushed finish, maybe caused by grinding the numbers off, who knows? Anyway they did an excellent job and the case is very well finished.

The inside of the caseback has the lettering and numbers roughly ground off.

The crystal, crystal retainer, and rotating bezel are not oem spec.

The rotating bezel is held on the crystal retaining ring by a spring wire...not snap on like oem.

Both bezel pearls were missing. The settings are in place though.

The case neck is oem spec so an oem crystal and Clark's bezel kit will work.

The case is threaded for an oem case tube. I do not know if a genuine case tube to case gasket will work or not.

I bead blasted the inside of the case backs to smooth them out and the writing became barely visible.

It says: Montres Rolex SA...Geneva Switzerland...Patented...Stainless Steel (above center).

And below is 5513 (!!)

These two are 5513 cases...not 1680 as advertised and ordered. They are 5.2mm thick and the DW 1680 cases are 5.6mm thick...I just now compared them.

The ad says: "DIY CASE SET FOR 1570 MOVEMENT."

"THIS DIY SET IS FOR YOUSELF DIR PERFECT SUBMARINER 1680 WATCH."

I left good feedback because it is not worth the trouble to send them back.

Sometimes you win. :pimp:

Sometimes you lose. :vava:

Want to sell them?