When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jewellery and Watch 702 crown

dieselpower

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R, I was typing when you posted your pics. Now I've had a close look I think it's got to be 702 for me in the future. I see what you mean about the sunflower look. Nice. Here's a question: Given that my case has been tapped for a gen 703 tube, is it possible in the future to re-tap for a 702 tube? Please please please say yes........

One additional detail though... the 703 has a slanted bevel on the backside of the tube where it fits down into a tapered relief in the case. The 702 is flat with a small "step" in the back side of the tube.

The 702 will screw into the tapped hole for a 703 but it will probably leak there. Mount a nice thick o-ring between the case and the 702, and use some thread sealant as you screw it in... that might do it.

Oops. :blush:

Fear not, there are millions of o-ring options out there. Find a nice thick fattie and cram it in there between your alleged case and 702 tube, use some Loctite Blue and Robert's your uncle.

I did that with a Phong case that was drilled for a 703 tube and it worked fine. I've been diving to 3 atms for years with it and no leaks.

Such is the roller coaster ride of replica watch building when you have limited funds and even more limited knowledge. However, I am pleased to report that my 6263 has been built and will be winging its way to me very shortly. Here's a quick peek:

post-2563-0-06376100-1348093366_thumb.jp

Now thats a vintage Datona! Yes please! Edited by aeromatic

Such is the roller coaster ride of replica watch building when you have limited funds and even more limited knowledge. However, I am pleased to report that my 6263 has been built and will be winging its way to me very shortly. Here's a quick peek:

Love it man! Really nice classy dial. Heck, use it for anything and everything.

Once your eyes get used to a 702, you can pick one out from the profile quite easily. For a vintage 5513, 1680...anything other than a 702 just doesn't look right. That said, the 703 is a way better crown in terms of design, protection from the elements and function. The 702 on my gen 1680 is quite beat up but still does the trick. Looking for a replacement though as my crown doesn't thread as much as I'd like anymore. sigh...

Thanks chaps for your kind words. Praise from you is praise indeed. Unfortunately my photographic equipment is vintage as well (Nikon F3) so my digital camera is called an iPhone. Now I've seen some pretty good results with these but I'm not sure I will be able to equal them so when I post about the watch I apologise in advance for the piccies.

How about a list on this tread of where to find 702s and there prices so jandw has them at 225usd ebay 300-400usd let hear of some more gen or reproduced !

Edited by aeromatic

My 5512 is really just a support system for my 702 :)

7013df73.jpg

Thats a gen,gen gen! the one thing that bugs me on my 5513 is the crown a 702 will make my watch desperately seeking! put out an APB !