When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Way? Way iphone 5 insted of 4s

Guest zeleni kukuruz

If you have the 3GS just go to the 5 for sure. My wife just got hers yesterday and it is outstanding. They say its not much thinner than the 4S but it sure feels a lot skinnier than my phone (4S). Also the extra height actually makes it feel better in my hands. I feel like I have a better grip on it. Also the finish is amazing. So glad they went back to the aluminum case back. One last thought. A firm in Canada did a drop test against the Samsung Galaxy and it won hands down. They said this is the most durable iPhone Apple has released to date.

the 5 cpu is "twice as fast" as the 4s and it has lte, and while still small, the screen is the aspect ratio is should have been from the beginning. also, while it is still the same pixels per inch, now that the touch layer and the screen are in one fused layer, the color and over quality of the image is noticeably improved over the 4 and 4s.

also, the 5 will open up all the new ios features in the next releases where they may start start dropping off features like they have done in the past for all other non current devices.

I did an in store test on my 4 and the 5 and the 5 was so much faster it was scary. if you are getting the 4s for $99 usd, and the 5 is $199, there is no comparision in my book, get the 5.

dont for get about the new connector and the need for adapters possibly. they are going to add up quick at $19usd each!

good luck!

Adobe has discontinued Flash for Android. Besides Flash was (is) a memory and battery hog and a security liability. It's all about native apps and HTML5.

i wish every website used html5 but realistically it will be a long while before flash is truly extinct on the www, discontinued or not.

My favorite wife immersed her iphone4 in hairspray (you don't want to know how) so its operation was, um, iffy. :ph34r:

Off to the Apple store! No time to waste! anim_driving.gif

It turned out I was eligible for an upgrade. Booooy was I eligible. It's been so long they paid ME to take my old beater out of circulation. But what's this? No iphone5 in Alaska for a month? The look of dread on SWMBO's face was heart-wrenching.

So I got a 4s and she got a 4s and Robert's your uncle.

Now I'm insulting this little tart named Siri that's hiding in there somewhere. What fun!

Im leaning more twords the samsung now!

Dose anyone know if any android phone supports microsoft silverlight???

You were on the right track there :-). While I haven't owned an iPhone 5, I do have the iPhone 4 and the iPad 3 in my house (amongst numerous other apple devices); the s3 is better by leaps and bounds especially if you're the type who enjoys experimenting with his hardware. If you don't want to play around too much, then I guess it makes no difference.

Apart from those few days a year you choose to fling your phone out of a 2nd story window, I'd say the samsung wins. (again, my perception is based on the 4, not the 5, but based on what I'm hearing it's not a revolutionary upgrade)

I had the same thought process. Having had an Android tablet and having tweaked it to death, it was great fun but made me realize the unintended consequences of living with a device that knows all your personal details, and may be whispering them to someone else across the back fence. Not good, not secure.

So I have jailbroken iPhones... same benefits and same problems.

Trade digital security for digital freedom, and find your own comfortable balancing point.