When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gilt Surgery

Nanuq

B, glad the hand went to good use! It looks right at home.

I'm glad you like it! She's comfortably at home now, ticking merrily away.

Small problem though, when pressing the crystal retaining ring back on, I *cough* dented the caseback. :fool:

I'm thinking who here has the biggest, manliest machine press? Hmmmmmm... JMB comes to mind.

Think I'll PM him and see if he wants to tackle making my caseback flat-ish again.

If this was a dress watch, I would get it fixed/replaced. But, on a tool watch, as long as it is not impeding the rotor, I would leave the caseback as it is. It adds character.

It doesn't hit the rotor, so that's good.

I'm thinking... fill it with gas fumes and strike a match...... PFOOM!!! Small internal explosion, caseback is pushed back out again. :tu:

Lesson learned: a 1675 caseback is way weaker than a 1665.

If this was a dress watch, I would get it fixed/replaced. But, on a tool watch, as long as it is not impeding the rotor, I would leave the caseback as it is. It adds character.

yes we could say that the watch was on a airoplane and ditched in the sea and went deep.deep,deep and suffered from the pressure ,everyone likes a story

RIP? Rest In Pieces?? :Jumpy: Uh oh, I feel another test coming on.............

final_test.jpg

so thats how rolex tests there watches in different tempertures in these hard economic times? man this watch must have been really hated