When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6239 PN dial... Questionable authenticity?

rolojack

Here it is on the Bay now, offered by a long time trusted seller we all know.... But somehow this dial looks odd to me. Deep subdials grooving, lack of texture, size and font of the RC, design of the "3" in the subdials, "swiss" font, etc.... What do you think? Watch is gen, no question about that : It's the dial that bugs me.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item53ed719546

Guest zeleni kukuruz

That means the guys sells a 900$watch for 52000$????????

I should quit my job!!! :)

Yes, he sells a dream for 52000$ and when the buyer wakes up its going to be a nightmare that he wished he never payed for!

No, the movement is fine- it is gen and there's nothing wrong with it- it even has the spring for protecting the hairspring- PN 6610 which was added on the 722-1. Often it is removed in later servicing. Color of all the gears is correct, mounting screws are in the correct positions.

Yes Freddy, of course. I meant that the watch is legitimately sellable on the open market if described properly.... The seller can of course ask for any price : he just won't sell it if it doesn't reflect the reality of the market. There is hope for 50 k with a PN, but not much with a standard dial...

I don`t think movement is gen, I think it`s very good work but not original, the colur of the train wheel bridge is not original. If you are very patient and spend a lot of money you can get a nearly perfect 727 with gen parts and correct 21600 BpH which has nothing to do with the "standard" 727 movements Phong shows on his homepage...and this one is in my opinion a typical Phong movement for his "special" customers.