When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

On order new parts including a tudor rose dial

aeromatic

I was going to fit the raffles jubelee bracelet but as i said the end links did not fit the the helenarou 6538 case well also the bracelet does not take 2mm springpins just thought i would let you know that fact!

Looking goooooood :tu: :tu: :tu: Kudos on a First Rate build. I love the look of the Black Bay, but did think that the red insert might make the watch less than subtle, so to see that with the brandy insert, the different flavor certainly gives a very casual and subtle result :good::drinks:

• Like 1

Looking goooooood :tu: :tu: :tu: Kudos on a First Rate build. I love the look of the Black Bay, but did think that the red insert might make the watch less than subtle, so to see that with the brandy insert, the different flavor certainly gives a very casual and subtle result :good::drinks:

Yes i think so too for this build as you say a watch with a different flavor suites with the brandy harley insert which compliments the guilt dial nicely mabe i should call it THE BROWN BAY or THE BRANDY BAY ! :) Edited by aeromatic
  • Like 1

Yes i think so too for this build as you say a watch with a different flavor suites with the brandy harley insert which compliments the guilt dial nicely mabe i should call it THE BROWN BAY or THE BRANDY BAY ! :)

The Tropic :victory:

That's just lead to a follow on thought... :g: Throw it on a Tropic-style rubber strap... :yeah: I think it'll look retro-tastic :good::drinks:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey just wanted to know if you tried the red insert out? I am still waiting on parts for mine. Dial got lost in mail form Raffletimes. Just a couple of questions. Did you have any issues using the 2824 in the case, did you need any spacers etc. for the height of the hand pinions or the stem fitting correctly?  Also, where did you get that movement ring? Sorry to be a bother I am just sitting and still waiting....

Hey just wanted to know if you tried the red insert out? I am still waiting on parts for mine. Dial got lost in mail form Raffletimes. Just a couple of questions. Did you have any issues using the 2824 in the case, did you need any spacers etc. for the height of the hand pinions or the stem fitting correctly?  Also, where did you get that movement ring? Sorry to be a bother I am just sitting and still waiting....

No bother at all my friend ,i used the ruhelena 6538 case in the end they said that i could not fit the 2824-2 in there case without a dial spacer but it fitted ok without , i have the rafflestime red insert on at the moment it fits ok on the ruhelena case and the red insert fits on the raffles/cartel 6538s ok ,the movement ring was supplied with the 6538 case

i had a problem with the height of hand pinions the minute hand was catching on the raised dial markers we fixed this by slightly bending the minute hand upwards to clear the markers it can not be seen at all only with a lobe,

the stem alignment was perfect no problems there

i have also ordered from another ebay seller a gold font red insert just thought it might look great with the guilt dial im waiting for that to come

here is some photos with the red its not fitted properly as i dont have photos with it fitted

post-27094-0-64672700-1354865651_thumb.j

post-27094-0-32490200-1354865692_thumb.j

got some great tudor boxes from ebay seller gives the finishing touch i think

post-27094-0-44421500-1354866255_thumb.j

post-27094-0-25065100-1354866337_thumb.j

Edited by aeromatic

thanks for the info. My dial and insert went missing and Ken is shipping a new one. I had an idea the 2824 may have a problem with the hand height although it seems you remedied the issue.

BTW, I like both bezels maybe even the Harley better.....

Yes im thinking the harley insert does look great i just changed the orange pearl to white :)

• 1 month later...

Still can not make my mind up with the inserts Red or brown ! so i have asked helenarou to supply me with a spare bezel  so that i can altenate between both colours without riskiing any damage to the inserts ! :)

Is it easy to pop the bezels off of these without damaging the case?

Love the watch BTW. Google brought me to this thread. I was actually in the process of doing a super similar build using the Tiger Watch as a base.

And one last thing, I placed a order with Raffletime. How long did your stufff take to arrive to you?

The model is not my cup of tea, but I like what you have done. I think you made the correct choice with that case. The beveling on this 1 looks more correct than the other case. You might consider a bit of enhanced patination to knock down the brand new appearance.

Thanks freddy ! yes i have been thinking about enhanced patination i never go for the factory fresh look ! i have been in contact with helenarou and his is working on a black bay project using this case which includes a rose engraved crown actually he will adapt the black bay parts to fit on this case although it will still be custom instead of exact replication,

i would like to matt the glossy dial and find a correct colour insert !

Is it easy to pop the bezels off of these without damaging the case?

Love the watch BTW. Google brought me to this thread. I was actually in the process of doing a super similar build using the Tiger Watch as a base.

And one last thing, I placed a order with Raffletime. How long did your stufff take to arrive to you?

Hi DVNE

Welcome ! the bezel pops off with ease by inserting carefully a pen knife between the case and the bezel

raffles items takes about 3 weeks to arrive

Thank you very much! I find myself constantly looking at your pictures. Looks so awesome with the brown insert.

I really wish I could find a matte gilt Tudor dial without the raised indices.

• Like 1

Thank you very much! I find myself constantly looking at your pictures. Looks so awesome with the brown insert.

I really wish I could find a matte gilt Tudor dial without the raised indices.

I asked yukiwatch but he had only a complete watch (1950s tudor no guards sub) but he is out of stock