When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Tudor 7924 Big Crown

Nanuq

I got a call from my Rolex AD watchmaker, he said a friend of his was selling off a stack of vintage Tudor Subs. He had got them cheap, like $50 each, because there were broken. For the most part it was because the reversing wheels on the 390 movements were dead. This was before the big boom in Tudors. He said he was pretty sure there was a 7924 Big Crown in there and he'd see if he could snag it for me.

A month went by and I just went down to check on it, he said as soon as the guy found out these old pieces were worth something he changed his mind.

Drat! Missed it by that much.

post-32-134939830336.jpg

I'm taking a fudged MBW one and trimming the hell out of it while removing the CG(I fudged them up too much to fix) and adding a modified 8mm Raffles crown and tube(Added ridges on the back end to mimic the crimped gen crown) Have a Tudor hand wind movement and the dial I was using on my 7928 build which I aged further. Still sourcing a decent priced bezel assembly.

E

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. Please send it now. Don't stop, don't hesitate.

Put it in the mail! PUT IT IN THE MAIL!

Don't stop! DON'T THINK!! MAIL IT NOW!!!!!

(did that work?)

• Like 1

I love that case. The seller that rhymes with Suzuki has his on the DL for $750 plus $50 for engraving. Seems steep, but I would love one day for a big crown Tudor that I can dive and spear fish with.

Fifty bucks, E. That's what he quoted me for his gen 7924 with hand-wind movement (broken reversing wheels). FIFTY bucks.

:headhurt:

Haha! Well, I have some reversing parts laying around, Nanuq, as you well know. I finally got my little 390 up and running and keeping GREAT time! After he replaced all the bearing clicks and put it back together it still wasn't winding... Turned out to just be a wheel that wasn't set just right. Eight months and a lot of research for parts later, here she is!

post-32650-134947070116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There ya go, rub salt in my open, bleeding wounds.

The paaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn,,,,, :cry2:

(just kidding, you know me.... always wanting it just because I don't have it. Don't really NEED it......)