When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help, advice for purchase

Davide

hello guys, I'm sorry but I do not speak English very well, I open this Topik to get some advice, I state that I have already visited the guide for NOOB :)

I live in Italy and I would like to know if you know any site or seller 100% RELIABLE who can get me a replica of a rolex submariner (my favorite), maybe at a price not too high but good quality, I know too much to ask :D

greetings

I understand, thanks for the suggestion.

I would ask you guys something, I found an Italian seller who has several replicas and seems reliable, what do you think of this submariner?

I do not even know much, do you think it's done right?

trhe price is 200 euro

post-48468-0-12765200-1350588145_thumb.j

post-48468-0-89367500-1350588147_thumb.j

post-48468-0-05823700-1350588149_thumb.j

post-48468-0-31066000-1350588172_thumb.j

Very inaccurate (poor quality).

Go to Google & download several pics of the genuine Sub you want to your computer. Then, go to an authorized Rolex dealer (AD) & try the genuine watch on. Wind it, set the time & see how it looks & feels. Then, browse the dealer listings in the link I provided above & compare. Once you are more familiar with the genuine Sub, I think you will be able to tell & see the difference.

• Like 1

I was already excited about this watch :oops:

then if it is of poor quality I think that I will try someone else.

can you recommend me a seller in particular from which i can find a good submariner replica? (at a good price)

the list I see that there are many sellers but dont know which is the most reliable

thanks so much for your help

That is correct. You should also check on the watches for sale in the "trading zone" which is a section for members to sell their watches to other members. A lot of very nice watches are listed here every day.

P.s

Can you explane me because this submariner if of poor quality for you? (so i can understand somthing more)

What you need to do is follow Freddy's advice and go on the internet and download some photos of the watch you are looking at, which looks like the 116610 Ceramic Submariner. Get some high quality photos of the genuine, go to a Rolex dealer and try on the watch, see how it feels. Putting one on a nd seeng how it looks and feels is important so that you will be happy with htis model. After you look at the genuine, and photos of the genuine, then look at the replicas and decide which one is the best for you. All of the dealers on the forum are reliable and trustworthy. It is very important to make sure the dealer will ship to Italy and what is his policy should your watch be lost, stolen or seized by customs.

After you have done your homework and researched the watch you want, then order one from the dealer you want to buy from.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Davide there is no easy route here, like the others have said you must do your homework. All reps have their flaws, you must learn them, understand what can be overcome and decide for yourself what you can live with. At the end of the day it all boils down to $$$ Good luck and happy hunting.

OK. I openly admit I know nearly nothing about new models of rolexes. I can spot a whole host of differences between your watch and the genuine artice. In this game you have to train your eye (or not, if you choose not to!) the differences are sometimes very small but to people who are used to looking at these things they are very noticeable. If you can't see them and you're happy with what you have got then great, enjoy, wear it well. However, if you are interested in creating a decent replica and by that I mean something that would be admired by some of the experts you will find on this forum then you have got some work to do. I suspect in your case that you just want a decent watch that will fool most people and there's nothing wrong with that. We are all different. I myself am not interested in fooling people and I take great pleasure in showing a rep watch to people and explaining in great detail the work that has been done and the parts that have gone into the piece but then again I'm a bit of a bore where watches are concerned. So all in all it's up to you, either way enjoy what you have and maybe it will spur you on to other pieces.

• Like 1

Like Diesel, I have limited experience with modern Subs & others can probably identify more problems, but here are some of the more obvious problems with your watch when compared to the genuine Sub

post-3175-0-57459000-1350664982_thumb.jp

Again, YOU must educate yourself about the specific model YOU are interested in. Then, compare each seller's reps to the gen & choose the rep that has the least number of problems that bother YOU.

• Like 1

And to add to freddy333's observations: the font on the bezel is wrong, study each number carefully, the 5 minute markers on the bezel are wrong (the reps are too narrow), the triangle at 12 o'clock on the bezel is too wide on the rep, the pearl is difficult to make out but could be wrong as well, the minute markers on the rep bezel are too tall, the lugs on the rep are too short and consequently the endlinks are wrong. I'm sure freddy333 (and I can honestly say I), am not trying to trash your watch but do you now see the level of detail that you must train your eye to detect to make an accurate appraisal of a watch? I hope so, and I hope this proves to be a first step on the path to true replica appreciation. Don't take it to heart, look, read and learn, the journey is well worth it. All the best.

Please guys don't confuse him. He is looking for his first rep. Buy an inexpensive submariner, and over the months that you are wearing it, you can study more expensive and higher quality subs offered on this forum. All the dealers are trustworthy, if they are not the forum will let everyone know immediatly. Meanwhile you have a sub, not an expensive one, and as you become educated on the reps, you can begin to look for the one you want. Meanwhile you get to wear a rep and enjoy it untill the right one comes along

• Like 1

Hello everyone, thanks for your help, as you have suggested I'm looking around a bit various replicas and I'm getting an idea. :)

one thing that is not clear to me is the question of the movement:

for example, most of the replies I see mount a 21 jewel, do you think it is good for everyday use?

--- something very important: if i buy a replica and unfortunately it were to break, i can repair the movement (independently of type) or there is some movement that can't be repaired?

Regardless of the sales pitch from the dealer, you should always assume that the movement in your new replica is either used or unserviced (or both). Therefore, if you plan to keep the watch & need it to be reliable, I would have it professionally serviced as soon as you receive it. Otherwise, you are likely to be back here in hours, days or weeks posting that your new watch is stopping or not keeping time. Check your local phone book for 'watch & clock repair' (or similar) or do a google search for watchmakers in your city. Before making the trip to a watchmaker, phone & ask if they will service replica watches with <insert type of movement in your replica watch here>. Many watchmakers will happily service your watch, but some will not.