When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross

Kaneda

I just talked with Josh.

It is PVD - not black paint

But, it's 38mm.. not 46mm

D'oh..

By the way, the 46mm in SS will be available next week.

-kaneda

I would be very surprised if this pure black caseback is PVD (at least TiALN Panerai Uses) Mayeb another method?

149615-15025.jpg

I agree. Bring on the SS 46mm version with a rubber strap. Leather on a tool watch??

Yuk!

I bet an enterprising aftermarket parts supplier will offer an orange dial/PVD coat service package deal for the 46mm rep...easy profit IMO.

But if the factory opts to save 85 cents by not milling out some (non-functional even) hexegon holes on the back, there's no way I pay even close to what they're going to ask for this watch.

BTW, is the gen caseback different on the PVD than on the SS?

Kostas,

Do a little research before being so sure of yourself. PVD is a process, not a coating. The finish varies by what is being coated.

Here are some variations of PVD coatings on watches:

Yeap.. you are right.. I am just used to the Panerai coating :D

I think that critism of the dummy bolts on the caseback of the new B&R rep is just a little OTT. On the original, these bolts retain the removable lugs. Removable so that the watch can be mounted in a desk-stand!

But what would happen if the lugs were removable?

The watch would be a lot more expensive, for very small, if any, added benefit - and the dealers would be inundated with requests for replacement screws... just as they are on Radiomir reps.

You know that we wIs (with emphasis on the "I") can't leave well alone... :-)

And I think that complaining about Jos's PVD finish might wait until we have actually seen an example.

Seems only fair.

As for "Leather on a tool watch?"... B&R offer rubber, canvas and... leather. Look here: http://www.bellross.com/#

I know that one of the reasons for the delay in launching this watch is that Jos was not satisfied with the quality of leather strap that he was originally offered from his supplier.

I was fortunate enough to see a prototype of this watch (in ss) whilst in China last month, so perhaps I am a little biased. But I can attest to the huge effort that Jos has put into this project.

Mine is on order.

Fair enough Clive.

I can understand the argument that no one will see the back oif the watch so why sweat the screws, but I must respectufylluy disagree.

First of all people through around terms like "perfect", "exact" or "1:1" WAY to frequently. the facr is that very little could scream FAKE more than stamped fake hex bolts. If the maker is going for an "exact" copy then they need to replicate all the details.

To your point I think that the watch looks very nice from the front (the full sized version) and it should please many fans.

The fake has normal bolts to hold the band and the original has hex bolts you even get the right tool to change bands with the watch.

@Kasi.. the prototype that I saw had the strap retained by allen screws, just like the original.

But all any of us have seen have seen so far is a prototype. Maybe next week we will see the finished replica.

I hope so. For a brief moment last month, I had the prototype on my wrist...

The wait is killing me.

Edited by Highflyingclive

@Kasi.. the prototype that I saw had the strap retained by allen screws, just like the original.

But all any of us have seen have seen so far is a prototype. Maybe next week we will see the finished replica.

I hope so. For a brief moment last month, I had the prototype on my wrist...

The wait is killing me.

No need of tehe prototype if you have the real deal :D:D:D:whistling::whistling: