When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've bee banned (on RG)

seafoam

I have been at RG for 6 years. They have always been good to me. The thing is as many rep site owners have stated, the sites are not a democracy, and if they feel their guidelines have been compromised, they reserve the right, much to the chagrin of others, to ban who they want when they want. Most site owners are basically reasonable, but adherence to the rules is prudent. Hey, I love breaking the rules, but I love these websites more. ;)

They prob should have gave you a warning. Being banned is a bit harsh. But I can understand why they would want to prevent back door sales. It's more difficult for them to help/moderate if someone is scammed.

As our (RWG) moderators have pointed out here, it is NOT their job to intervene on the onesie twosie transactions that go awry, often due to poor communications/expectations. While they keep an eye out, and have our back for scammers-- if you choose to do a backdoor deal, do so at your own risk. If an established member, or member in good standing "drops a hint", or does a deal out of PM, I fail to see the harm in it. It happens on the majority of forums GEN & REP.

As our (RWG) moderators have pointed out here, it is NOT their job to intervene on the onesie twosie transactions that go awry, often due to poor communications/expectations. While they keep an eye out, and have our back for scammers-- if you choose to do a backdoor deal, do so at your own risk. If an established member, or member in good standing "drops a hint", or does a deal out of PM, I fail to see the harm in it. It happens on the majority of forums GEN & REP.

Agreed Ronin. Ultimately, I should have done my homework before posting. Harsh yes, but responsibility falls on me in the end. I make my bed and lie in it.

I have been at RG for 6 years. They have always been good to me. The thing is as many rep site owners have stated, the sites are not a democracy, and if they feel their guidelines have been compromised, they reserve the right, much to the chagrin of others, to ban who they want when they want. Most site owners are basically reasonable, but adherence to the rules is prudent. Hey, I love breaking the rules, but I love these websites more. ;)

Well said sir

Too funny M.

You're one of the first people I met here B. You are a generous and very classy gentleman. If you wan't to go back to RG that's your business. But personally I wouldn't bother. They don't deserve your company. The place Is oversaturated with moderators/owners etc. If you fart In the wrong direction.....or even In the right direction... they get a attitude. I guess I can see there point when I have resently been to the all you can eat Mexican buffet. :D

It seems like they Imply one thing then change there minds as they go along. Not very professional like Imo. I feel there's a lot of two faced people running around that place.

[censored]....here comes one of the mods now. :(

post-19368-0-85720800-1351014103_thumb.j

William Shatner..AKA Captain Kirk, has lopped off many a left nut, then casually popped them into his molars to chew with gusto,

with the reward being all that creamy center of man gravy. ..

Did I just say that? Oh jeez how embarrasing. :shutup2:

You're one of the first people I met here B. You are a generous and very classy gentleman. If you wan't to go back to RG that's your business. But personally I wouldn't bother. They don't deserve your company. The place Is oversaturated with moderators/owners etc. If you fart In the wrong direction.....or even In the right direction... they get a attitude. I guess I can see there point when I have resently been to the all you can eat Mexican buffet. :D

It seems like they Imply one thing then change there minds as they go along. Not very professional like Imo. I feel there's a lot of two faced people running around that place.

[censored]....here comes one of the mods now. :(

Thanks for the kind words M. Feeling is deffinately mutual. Is that a tatoo on that guy?

I wonder who does his shave work? :g: Nice detailing with the "eyebrows".

I agree...some nice work on the back of that guys head. Would most likely freak the [censored] out of me If I saw him In some bar or something. I wouldn't know what side of his head to talk too. :D