When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gergé

flavor flav

this is a new swiss brand popping up on alot of celebrities wrists. automatic 7750 chrono is $1550. i'm considering buying it because i think the brand has potential to blow up. check it out. what do you think?

gergé

Sorry, they look like those freebie watches you get when buying drugstore variety cologne...blech...

Granted I'm the guy who told my brother it was throwing money down the [censored] to buy Microstrategies @ $80, but I see no potential for this brand to take off--it has no "look" of its own a la Muller or Panerai. Itjust looks like every other one of the Grade C swiss "fashion" watches--not even as interesting as the half-interesting Ritmo...to me it looks like they're trying to knock off technomarine it you can believe anyone would want to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
this is a new swiss brand popping up on alot of celebrities wrists. automatic 7750 chrono is $1550. i'm considering buying it because i think the brand has potential to blow up. check it out. what do you think?

gergé

This is my first post here.

I would like to comment on the Gergè watches that all of you are talking about.

I too was a little sceptical on the Gergè watch line that my friend had told me about.

The first time I saw them on the web site I did not know what to think. I went to the nearest store to take a "closer look" , I really liked them, so I bought the Modena-L in 18kt. white gold.

I went home and showed my husband who is a collector of fine watches from around the world, and he real liked it, so he went and bought the Modena-XL Auto-Chrono version in S. Steel with bracelet. It has been about 5 months now and we both get great compliments on the watches and a couple of our friends have bought some also. Good luck!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What I am saying in this long message is. Do not at any time trash anything until you see it in real life and then if you do not like it don't buy it or look at it again.

i'm considering buying it because i think the brand has potential to blow up. check it out. what do you think?

gergé

So let me get this straight...you r considering buying the watch becasue there is a chance it MAY get really popular??

I think the real question is, DO YOU like the watch, for what it is...for how it looks...for how it fits...etc?

What is your goal? you assume/hope it goes up and you can sell it for more than you bought it for? Or that the prices go up, and you only payed $1500 for it?

I'm sort of confused by your question.

I have NEVER NEVER EVER let someone elses opinion (excpet my gf's :p ) affect a purchase. I've had friends laugh at me for buying certain vehicles (becsaue they had a reputation for always being in the shop!) I've had friends laugh at me for buying certain clothes, and I have had friends laugh at me for buying a certain watch.

In the end, the only person I care to impress is myself!

So...IF YOU like the watch, buy it. But buy it to use now. And buy it for what it is, a watch. Not a possible invesment.

If you want to invest, than there are several people on this board you can contact, or PM me LOL (No, I am not a broker, I am a student).

Personally, I'm not crazy about the watch, but its not too bad. I've seen AP, that have had similar designs. I also think that if you want to spend $1500, you can do a lot better.

just my $0.02

Don't buy a watch for investment unless you really know a lot about them and if they have a history. New fashion things will fade faster and faster. May pop up 1015 years later as being cool... but the real value comes after 30 years... certainly not the case for short cycle fashion items.

So buy it when you enjoy and like the watch. If it gains value be happy. If it's worth nothing at least you liked wearing it.

Now for my opinion... nothing revolutionary or timeless about this piece.