When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portuguese Chrono 3714 A7750 Improved

ActionZzZ

Hello, friends

who ordered an last version of Portuguese Chrono 3714 (with A7750) "Improved"?

what quality? what color is best? I like genuine wite / blue

someone has a problem with this watch or dissatisfaction?

I'm talking about those watch:

http://puretime.co/product/portuguese-chrono-3714-ss-whiteblue-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a7750-improved/

or link

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_189&products_id=3677

thanks

Hi,

the A7750 with seconds @ 6 movements have known reliability issues. Normally with these movements the seconds is at 9. But now they made a train of extra gears to put the seconds at 6. This will create lots of drag on the movement and also create more dirt, because some gears are turning not on jewels, but on metal.

So it results in low power reserve and grinding movements, which won't run. To real solution for this. Most of these movements will have a problem within 1 year.

Thanks for answers, I'm a newbie.

I'll ask another question... what you describe is true for any watch on based A7750? not only IWC?

If yes, what replica buy, that would not have a problem with movement?

It's problematic for the A7750 where the seconds runs at the 6. This includes the IWC 3714 and Rolex Daytona, I believe. It's some sort of Rolex but I'm not sure the model

Same goes for the seconds @ 12 modified ones, like the AP models. Also have more chance to have problems. But with those a service overhaul will help. With the seconds @ 6 models a service overhaul won't help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 3714 and it's been over a year and I have not had any issues, then again I NEVER run the chronos so to each is own. Has it been running nearly the whole year? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2