When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hurricane Sandy

KB

hmm so how long before the homeowner's insurance goes up ?

Good point but the folks in town will survive. The folks near the water may find it even more difficult to get it. Already folks in a number of places can only get insurance through the Federal flood insurance program. I suspect it will be more difficult to get ....at any price.

The jersey shore is destroyed. Breezey point a beautiful place to live is destroyed. Gerristen beach and parts of manhattan beach destroyed. Rockaway queens and long beach island is very bad. My co worker lost his 2 young boys and all this mayor is talking about is the [censored] nyc marathon.

I heard the governor talking about threatening the power company's into hustling by telling them they will score low with the regulatory commission or not be able to do business again, I like that. He also threatened local businesses about price gouging and that if caught they would be prosecuted, also liked that. He seems like one of the good ones, although to be honest I had no idea who he was before today. I heard him deflecting questions about the marathon and saying that he will leave it up to the police? To take any resources away from the communities that need help is bonkers! What are they thinking?

The jersey shore is destroyed. Breezey point a beautiful place to live is destroyed. Gerristen beach and parts of manhattan beach destroyed. Rockaway queens and long beach island is very bad. My co worker lost his 2 young boys and all this mayor is talking about is the [censored] nyc marathon.

Thinking of him.

Sent from the dark side of the moon.