When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5510 Questions

msp

I'm upset that cc33 has such a nice 5510 and I don't :lol:

So I wanna build a nice 5510..

I'd like to know which dial and case I should use.. I don't wanna spend a fortune.

Dial : Yuki / Phong / NDT ?

Case: Yuki / Phong?

I don't want to use a gen movement.. Eta will do

I hope someone can help me :)

No aftermarket dial/case is perfect, all have accuracies. YOU must research & decide which component's inaccuracies bother YOU the most.

In general, if cost is an object, Yuki is the best buy for component parts. If accuracy trumps cost, Phong is usually the best (but still not perfect & his quality varies, so be prepared to work with him). In any case, if you want the best, expect to do some additional modifications on the case yourself (or find someone to do it for you).

I know that all of them got flaws.. I think I'll stick to the Yuki

I got 2 modders in mind which could do the modding because I'm totally incapable.

cc's franken has got a 5510 case and a 6538 dial as far as I know. This seems to be the nicest combination( no offense on someone else's taste). I don't want the best but I want to have a nice looking similar combination.

Well I've imagined the build to be like this:

Yuki case

Yuki/ Phong Gloss dial

A movement adapter for the case

And an ETA 2846 or a similar slow beat ETA

A nice rivet aftermarket bracelet.. Phong?

Hands????????

It must be a violation of forum policy to post those pictures without adequate advance warning. Let me look............

:ban:

Whoops, not a banning offense. But just to be safe, CC33 can send it to me and alleviate all concerns. :whistling:

He's the only one that I know of that can actually make that part of it look amazing.. The other attempts are a joke. Yuki is photo 1 and ndt 2. Mine has the plots wrong but because the rest of the dial is gen and looks so good it's forgivable. Just like the minhq dial's slightly wrong font is forgivable because of the amazing plot work!!

post-38788-0-45187300-1351722738_thumb.j

post-38788-0-50075400-1351722771_thumb.j

Minhq has the best dial for this imo,, be prepared to spend for it though, usually in the 1000$ range just for the dial. Besides that yuki, ndt and phong have them but you would have to get them relumed to look better. Minhq's looks great out of the box.

By the way, I asked and that dial from Minh is 380$ shipping inc. with FedEx 2 day delivery worldwide. I thought it would be much more. Great deal.

Thanks for chiming in here, mate!

I think I know which dial is used now.. 380$ really seems fair to me!

I really think about buying the Phong case for it.. Damn this is going to be another expensive project.

Would an ETA 2846 actually fit into the case by using a movement ring?

I'm also worried about the hands.. Especially if Raffletime's hands would fit the low beat ETA.