When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NYC metro RWG get to gether.

Mike on a bike

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Works for me. Still trying to get gas for the jeep. Have a half tank but have two hospitals to manage(IT) and the mileage adds up. Yonkers raceway I hear has free coffee, pizza and donuts as well as dry ice. There's also a shooting range not too far from there.

I am new here and to rep collecting, sounds great to be able to meet some experts and learn. Any day good for me, recovering from a motorcycle crash so no work. I live right on the Jersey side of the Hudson River so somewhere in the area would be great as long as parking is close.

Edited by burg650

Hi guys chose Hoboken because those who live NYC may not have cars they cab around & rent when needed. Ephry -(unless we go to volunteer)? It is under water now but by the time we sort this out it should be OK. If you NYC guys want to take a trip to the country about an hour away I can get my friends resturant private room great food cheap prices on booze to. I was hopeing for a Sat, or Sun afternoon thing this way resturants will give use a private place & we can do it in a cost effective manor.

Feed back welcome.

To all who responded here & by PM. Hoboken is under water, week or so when it is back to normal I will check a few places I know for price & more importantly a little privacy. As Jersey & NYC proper have majority I am aiming there at this point. I am over an hour away from Hoboken driving hard so this pick is not for my benefit. The Jersey guys can drive in, NYC boys jump on train or ferry. As always sugestions welcome.

So far(thinK of Dons meeting in The Godfather!)

From NYC families - redroom & Watchmeister

Brooklyn action handled by Tonyyammmine

Yonkers /Weschester interests Ephry73

And the Jersey boys Peppe1019, burg650, ninjaturtles, & myself over seeing that area.

I know we have more out there guys come on would like to get a larger group to get a private room. If I missed anyone just PM me, & sorry.

I am game for anywhere, sure would love a nice drive away from home after being stuck here since June, my problem is I am still recovering from a motorcycle accident and for me it would be great to be able to park close to the door as I am still in need of my walker to get around. I have space for one ( I drive a SSR) if it is somewhere and someone needs a ride that I can pick them up. Suggestion, maybe this can be posted on another rep forum to see if we can get a nice big group together.

I'm even down for a help gathering to go help out those who need it then get some beers. I think morally and spritiually I would feel a little better, plus burn some steam. I almost got into two fights trying to get gas because people are playing dumb and trying to cut the line. LOL

E

Let's make this happen! both of my vehicles were lost in the hurricane, so NYC or hoboken work. Easy to get to from my home using mass transit.

Hoping to buy a used car within the next few days and if that happens I don't mind helping others who need a lift.

I am always ready to meet up and fill my belly with some great food and socialize with others that share the same interest as me, on that said of course here we are all reps watch guys and of course gem as well I am sure. This group is there any one rep watch that most have and it might be the topic of conversation or is it just watches of all kind, as for me I am new to the whole rep thing and for now my interest is Pam's. As for doing this now soon, it may not be the best time based on the weather we are having and as I have said day and time is no problem for me. Just my own opinion, don't mean to offend anyone here.

A bit of topic also: I am in need of a watch repair for one of my Pam, one I just got a few week ago has a problem anyone knows someone?

Edited by burg650

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but I can suggest a wine bar called "Ardesia" http://www.yelp.com/biz/ardesia-new-york. It's relatively upscale, nice/modern decor with a good wine and cocktail selection. More importantly it tends not to be very crowded on most nights which means we will have good space to bring out collections etc. Also given that the location is out of the city center parking should not be too difficult - street parking or garage are available.

Cons are the food menu is limited - mostly just apps/wine pairings - if you are looking for a steak/large food options then this is not the place. Also, it is not extremely lively there will not be a lot of activity - mostly a date spot for couples. Also a bit isolated from bar scenes.

Another suggestion is a steak house I like called West Side steakhouse: http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-side-steakhouse-new-york

Pretty good steaks at a very reasonable price. Also tends not to get too crowded so we should be able to get a decent size table easily. Also near to Rest. Row bar scene which we can go out to after.

Both are on the west side so hopefully easy for NJ people to get to.

Let me know what you think otherwise I can think of more place.

I personally prefer Ardesia.