When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg South Florida Chapter Annual Meeting

fotoman

:) its been a while since we had a south florida get together, i'm posting the pics from the "old" rwg days.

Any interest in this? :)

last time a couple of us got together at dave and busters on a saturday for lunch. Lots of tables and quiet. We had a great time, met really interesting people and all the waitresses thought we were like filthy rich :)

150026-14920.jpg

150026-14921.jpg

I'm in SW Florida, but I can get to anwhere I need to. Just PLEASE pick a really nice hotel! Life is too short for cheap hotels.

Bill

There aren't alot of 4 star hotels in south florida. THe closest one to where we had the meeting last time is the westin diplomat. Its on the ocean (like not the beach, there is no beach, there is just ocean) in Hollywood. Just built a few years ago. its amazing.

http://www.diplomatresort.com/

150536-14823.jpg150536-14824.jpg

check out the suites 150536-14825.jpg

The mandarin oriental http://www.mandarinoriental.com/miami/ is also top notch, but its in miami

The Diplomat now actually has a (renourished) beach, not that you need one with the great pool area. I've stayed there, it's a very nice hotel.

SW Florida (TJGladeRaider's terrirory) has several nice resort hotels and is actually more central to those from Tampa to Miami than is Orlando.

Sarasota Florida for me, sounds like fun

No [censored]? Where at? I was raised on Turtle Beach; on Midnight Pass Rd actually, at the very end of Clark Rd where it dead ends to go left to Turtle or right to Siesta Key.

If we do Sarasota, the waterside Hyatt is nice & quite reasonable. One of the best Itallian restaurants in Florida is also in Sarasota--Ferrari's near Tamiami (41) & Bee Ridge. Hole in the wall, all family, from the Boot, schooled son as the head chef--flawless bruschetta & the best vodka sauce on the planet, bar none--better than anything I've had in NY; Patsy's, Rao's... can't touch 'em--and homemade lobster raviolis...Jesus, I better shut up now....

And if it's Orlando, I know a ton of restaurant & hotel owners over there as well. Might even be able to squeeze a deal...some watches, some French food and a nice Bourgogne at Le Coqauvin (rated one of the top French restaurants in the States 20 years running by Zaggats, but their most expensive dish is only $30)... a night at the Westin Grand Bohemian...

[censored], I need a vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

nope, not at all. At least for south florida or i should say ft laud/ miami area

i am sending like 5 watches to zig this week so, i won't have much to show until they get it back, but when they are, i will have some great unique pieces

i was figuring for us mid January

I do have plans to be in orlando on the weekend of feb 9th and 10th. I will be with family but, i'm sure i can break away for drinks or lunch or something.

if you want to use this thread to organize another get together in orlando or tampa or something, go for it. :)