When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa Alert - Black Lung for Sale

Nanuq

Check it out. He says it's had a sapphire crystal installed, looking closely I doubt it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-DOXA-Sub-300-Professional-US-Divers-Logo-Nicknamed-Black-Lung-/190754687301

Rarer than an honest politician boys, this is #12 that I know of worldwide.

It's in spectacular condition too, original crown.... missing the BoR band.

The lume on the hands isn't discolored.... she's a looker!

Original owner............ :whistling:

Dude, your not helping. I've talked myself out of it because if it need to be serviced in any way. Parts are going to be hell to find. Plus it'll just be a safe queen.

I believe watches need/deserve to be worn.

Pffffffffffffftttttt. Excuses. I had mine serviced by a wanker watchmaker here in town, it's a garden variety ETA movement, tough as nails, you can beat it like a one-eye rented mule.

The only parts you need to worry about trashing are the crown, dial and hands. The bezel won't pop off and get lost, so you keep it screwed down and just enjoy it.

Heck I take mine swimming! :snorkel: No worries.

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you know you want it.

Be that guy. The guy that owns One of Twelve.

Curiously, of those twelve, I believe FOUR of them live here. :tu:

I'm actually In the market for a one eye mule.....don't ask.

I was gonna put up a pic of my little sugarplum, my arctic peach, my little Yup'iq darlin' with no teeth Uma, but.... nahhhhh that's just wrong on so many levels. Find your own one-eye, um, never mind!

That is some beat up sapphire crystal. Unless he regularly swims in pools filled with diamonds, how the hell could he get it in that condition?

I think the lad is cornfused... don't think he had a sapphire put on there. Its profile is just like my plexi dome.

I think the lad is cornfused... don't think he had a sapphire put on there. Its profile is just like my plexi dome.

Btw nanuq, youre quite the doxa expert i gather, so do you feel it's a good price? While as rare as certain rolexes, there is little comparison in terms of brand name and appeal. I've seen doxas usually trade for around 1500 or so, and this one has some aftermarket parts on it...just wondering if you feel that this would be an easy watch to sell without losing money after a year or so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KingK, yes it's at the far end of Doxa pricing. The only Doxa I'd consider spending more on would be a Sub 300T Conquistador ... possibly more rare than the Black Lung.

The one I listed has no aftermarket parts (I don't believe that's a sapphire crystal). The bracelet is disposable; the head looks to be authentic, complete and original.

It's rare enough that every time one shows up the old timers on WUS perk up their ears. It seems everybody's heard of them... time will only increase their desirability.

The price is acceptable; I paid slightly less for mine 7 years ago. I've seen them go for $4,000 in worse condition than this. Yes the markets are soft now, but items this collectible aren't really affected that much by the markets; there will always be a demand.

As always, YMMV.

That's absolutely a acrylic dome crystal. I believe he's a little on the high side, as Doxa prices have softened a good bit in the last few years. They went through a really hot feeding frenzy a couple of years back, but that's cooled. I think one problem is the acute lack of parts. A lot of folks bought incomplete watches for big bucks and found much to their disappointment, parts were impossible to find. Word gets around, and it sours buyers. I love vintage Doxas, probably have had 8 or 10 over the past 6-7 years. Just a PITA to restore

Just a PITA to restore

Roger that. I don't know if anyone remembers but Lanikai wanted an orange SUB 300 "no T" Professional in the worst way. I eventually found one for him, but it was missing the bezel. He bought it anyway, leaping right into the deep end of the Impossibility Pool.

Well, the mighty RWG machine sprang to life and in a month we'd found a bezel for him.... AND IT FIT.

anim_jawdrop_short.gif

IIRC, Lani was Sainted by the Vatican for that miracle. Luckily, this BL needs no such Divine Intervention.