When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just in big Joe modded history piece.

Mike on a bike

Fine looking watch unfortunately what you see me wearing is with diver extension out, now to find links. Now on to other things lume is very good . It is like brand new even without considering age, is there a scratch on this thing ........looking..................! Crown guards done just right, crystal date all +1, dial crisp. Now if I can just get over green , yes green never had a watch with any green on it. I know your thinking I'm crazy but I hate green , we shall see give it some time to grow on me. Well the guys at the GTG will get an eye full as this will be on the wrist. My usual sh*tty pic will follow!

post-44391-0-31410300-1354425528_thumb.j

Another senior moment forgot history!

"Part of my continuing saga of finding homes for my rarely used watches.

I bought this from Homer in 2005 when he was new to the scene and his LV was all the rage. That was the same time period when RedBigJoe (RBJ) was just reaching some notoriety as a modder. If you go back into the archives, you'll see that this combo was well regarded. He did a great job on this watch, which was done when he was in his prime and very engaged. Joe became and enigma inspire of his generally great work. Try this link to see the commentary

http://www.rwg.cc/to...happy-with-rbj/

Here's the watch

- Homer base. 2836 movement just serviced

- TTK ugradaded insert

- King upgraded dial

- RBJ LV mod package - light CG mod, Rehault, spa service)"

Courtesy Dave the cat!

Hey Mike, I still own mine as well. There was a lot of hatred towards RBJ but I actually liked the guy. $600 may have been a lot of dough but the watch still stands the test of time. The only thing he did wrong on mine was polish the rehaut which is not correct but looks good.

E1C5446D-F442-4374-9A6C-9D7C42F348D4-116

I likewise dealt with BigRedJoe and can't complain. He did a Red Sub for me- cgs, his smaller rep crown (from Dallas Jewelry and Watch?), installed a gen crystal that I sent him and evened up the vintage lume. He got the sub from Watchmaster and it's a MBW. I've since then put a gen insert on the watch, gen 93150 with 580 ends and drilled the lugholes. Now if I could just figure out what to do with that darn red sub dial!

By-Tor has taught me to hate the MBW red sub dial.

I've got a MBW white sub dial and might put that on with the Eurotimez DWO on a 2846-2 movement- another to-it project! I've also got a gen white 1680 and realize now that I prefer the 16800's because of the sapphire crystal.

P1000258-1.jpg

It's on the left in this pic- the crystal got beat to heck at the gun club on a concrete bench- ouch!

Edited by alligoat

I had quite a few experiences with Joe. up until the last, he did very nice work, although he was inconsistent, probably brought on by having too much work stacked up and hurrying. The last project he did for me was a MBW 1665 I sourced from George, sent it to Joe with a bunch of genuine parts. He kept the watch for 6 months, and when I finally got it back, he had really messed it up, crown/tube not installed correctly, the crystal was way too high, DW didn't line up right. It lloked like sonmething a kid put together using his fathers shop tools. Thank goodness Ziggy was able to get it back right, but Joe charged me around 400.00USD for the work so I had a bunch in the watch by the time it was done. this was a long tine ago, back in the days of the old TRC, before this forum ever got started.