When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet Millenary Quincy Jones, would you be interested?!

edgematic1

Audemars Piguet is more than just the Royal Oak, with the Millenary, Jules Audemars, Edward Piguet and the Classic line they offer some exceptional pieces. Unfortunately it seems that those pieces never have drawn any attention to the rep makers or the repgeeks, since not many threads are up about this.

But, I'm here to ask you if you would be interested in a proper rep of another AP classic, the Millenary. Sometimes the expression of a particular watch design can often “make it or break it.” Here is an example of a watch design that definitely “makes it”. With it's unique oval case design I think it's one of the other great pieces AP has ever produced. Problem with the Millenary to rep has always been the complex in house movement or the open caseback.

I'm here trying to convince you for a change ;):p. In 2009 AP has release a limited edition Millenary of 500 pieces in tribute to the legendary musician Quincy Jones.

The QJ Millenary has got a closed caseback with the QJ signature on it, which makes it perfect imo. The movement is the AP 3120 caliber, which is also used in the Diver, I hope you hear me coming now.

The case is a blackened steel case, single sided AR on the crystal (inside only), a leather croco strap with the AP folding clasp we know from the offshore reps. The datewheel is black.

So basically we could be using the movement used in the AP Diver, it already has the correct DW, not the correct speed since AP's caliber is a low beat but most of us don't care about that.

Since there is not a single good dress watch rep from AP (except for the Royal Oaks, but with the open caseback they still have flaws), I think this might be a possible one. Now I'd like to hear your thoughts about this model and if you would ever buy this if it were repped. After the Diver V3 / V3.5 we know which standards the rep factories has gotten to.

Anyhow, I'm wild about this one and I do hope I'm not the only one. Please share your thoughts.

Retail price is around $21,400

Link to AP's website: http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/millenary/millenary-quincy-jones-limited-edition'>http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/millenary/millenary-quincy-jones-limited-edition

Some pics:

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch1.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch2.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch3.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch4.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch5.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch6.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch7.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch8.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch9.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch10.jpg

video:
http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s31/ED209_photo/Audemars Piguet Quincy Jones Event Jan 2010/?action=view&current=7dea3de2.mp4'>th_7dea3de2.jpg?videoplayer=offsite

This is a piece our dealers can currently offer (picked a picture from timeshops as he has good pics, I'm not affiliated with this dealer)
ap1280c-ap-millenary-reserve-duo-time-bl

This is something else. I really like the edge, also the dial looks good! If there was a 1:1 rep, with a good price I would be more than interested in buying one.

Jay Z would say "All black everything"

Edited by martijnp

Since I saw this watch - and yes, AP is my fav brand - I am asking myself the whole day, why and what the [censored] are they charging 21k for?

Did i miss smthg or is it just a black PVDed Millenary with closed CB and engraving?

Lord, 21st of December is comming fast...

Oh, and it's limited... I forgot