When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Experts of movements

Gaber

Beat rate is the same In theory time keeping accuracy should the same as well Overall the eta is better made so less likely to experience problems Most if not all parts are interchangeable so very little difference overall Higher percent chance of reliability and longevity is what you are getting with an eta

One way to tell is the main spring tub. The eta has a machined look to it. If you loop it you will see the grooves. The asian is more of a stamped look. The escape wheel has a support under the pallet fork. It is silver, you will see it under the balamce wheel, it is much larger on an asian.  As for the parts interchanging, not really. The asian parts are made to far less tolerances than the swiss. Although they resemble each other, the asian parts don't really work as well, if at all. I have each in my cabinet, but they are cased. Tomorrow I will remove the backs and send you a side by side picture.

I mean the difference between Asian movement and Swiss movement hand spare parts and accuracy

One way to tell is the main spring tub. The eta has a machined look to it. If you loop it you will see the grooves. The asian is more of a stamped look. The escape wheel has a support under the pallet fork. It is silver, you will see it under the balamce wheel, it is much larger on an asian. As for the parts interchanging, not really. The asian parts are made to far less tolerances than the swiss. Although they resemble each other, the asian parts don't really work as well, if at all. I have each in my cabinet, but they are cased. Tomorrow I will remove the backs and send you a side by side picture.
Edited by Gaber

I mean the difference between Asian movement and Swiss movement hand spare parts and accuracy

There are no official spare parts for Chinese ETA clones. Some genuine Swiss parts will fit, and some will not.  As far as accuracy, a serviced China Clone is just as good as a serviced Swiss genuine ETA.

I have China clones here that run +2 seconds a day.

I have changed out the canon pinion, seconds wheel, escape wheel, date changing wheel, at least, keyless works bridge, and they worked great...that is gen parts for an Asian clone.  I tried to change out a balance on one and it would not work on that particular movement.  The post on the end of the gen hairspring that fastens to the regulator arm was thicker than the clone and it would not work.  I suppose some milling would have corrected that.

What you run into with trying to make rules is that not all Asian clones are equal.

Edited by preacher62

Thanks guys for all that info

Cause i will get the new Rolex noob Explorer which was recently launched by Angus in his site and i chosed the swiss eta , and i'm wondering if there is a movement will be similar to 3187 i can put it on the watch :)

Are you talking about exchanging the ETA movement for a genuine movement? not sure. One thing that  most modders have found out, seldom is a movement just a "Drop in" substitute, some are, but a lot will either not work, or require movement rings, spacers and sometimes longer canon pins to get enough space above the dial for the hands. One case in point, several years ago a fair number of folks wanted to substiture an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement into the Rolex GMT IIc, which uses a modified 2836. a few folks tried the swap, a couple of people were able to do it, but it took a lot of different parts and some serious compromises, enough trouble that most people gave up on the idea. I know, I still have a nice ETA 2893-2 movement sitting in my parts cabinet!! 

Are you talking about exchanging the ETA movement for a genuine movement? not sure. One thing that most modders have found out, seldom is a movement just a "Drop in" substitute, some are, but a lot will either not work, or require movement rings, spacers and sometimes longer canon pins to get enough space above the dial for the hands. One case in point, several years ago a fair number of folks wanted to substiture an ETA 2893-2 GMT movement into the Rolex GMT IIc, which uses a modified 2836. a few folks tried the swap, a couple of people were able to do it, but it took a lot of different parts and some serious compromises, enough trouble that most people gave up on the idea. I know, I still have a nice ETA 2893-2 movement sitting in my parts cabinet!!

Do you know any movement Modified to the gen 3187 thats in gmt ii and explorer ii and It changed the hours in one roll "check it in youtube the gmt ii or the explorer ii movement " you will know what i mean :)

Do you know any movement Modified to the gen 3187 thats in gmt ii and explorer ii and It changed the hours in one roll "check it in youtube the gmt ii or the explorer ii movement " you will know what i mean  :)

There is not one. It does not exist. Don't know how to make this any clearer for you.

There is a CHS-modded 2836 (I own a few and have done teardowns/writeups in the past) but it does not have exactly the same functionality.