When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New bracelet for MBW Submariner 16610 (Luckyyy's)

vmena

Did any of you (that have it BTW) try to replace the solid mid links bracelet that comes with the 2006 MBW Submariner that Luckyyy sells by an aftermarket hollow mid links bracelet?

I tried and no way :( The holes between the lugs did not match with the pin hole, so the bar end just could meet in one hole but not the other.

If someone could did it I would appreciate PM me to tell me where did he buy the bracelet or how could it be done.

Cheers,

You could swap the SELs from the solid bracelet that came on Luckyyy's watch with the SELs on the hollow link bracelet. This would ensure the holes for the springbar line up with the lug holes. Not a difficult job to do- The link closest to the SEL has to be taken apart to get the SEL off, but that's about it :)

You could swap the SELs from the solid bracelet that came on Luckyyy's watch with the SELs on the hollow link bracelet. This would ensure the holes for the springbar line up with the lug holes. Not a difficult job to do- The link closest to the SEL has to be taken apart to get the SEL off, but that's about it :)

How can it be done? I've been looking where the last link meet the SEL and I see no way to unattach it. Any clue?

The links come apart with force. You need 2 vice grip pliers, 2 small pieces of 180 grit sand paper cut from a 5" diameter random orbital sanding disk, the kind with the fuzzy cloth backing that attach velcro like to small palm sanders.

Remove the bracelet from the watch.

Cut the sandpaper to line the teeth (jaws) of the vice grips - one piece folded over will work, say a strip 1/2" wide by 1" long will work for each vice grip.

Clamp the pliers over the outer links of the last SEL joint, clamp tight enough to hold the links but not so tight that you destroy the links.

Place a towel over the pliers and braclet, and pull apart. The link will separate and when they do ~ wham !! the pieces will fly all over the room. Trust me, I have done this before and I WISH SOMEONE TOLD ME THE TOWEL TIP before. In case it's not clear - the towel keeps the pieces contained to a smaller blast circle.

Yes, you will have some small marks on the links now, but these will sand out nicely after you put it all back together. It works, and I was actually surprised at how little damage this does to the links. The secret is the cloth backed sandpaper in the jaws of the vice grip locking pliers, don't go cheap and use regular sandpaper - you'll leave large marks in the stainless steel, too large to polish out easily.

Good luck, pm me if you still need assistance.

Thanks a lot to all of you!!! great tip but unfortunately, if I do this probably I could loose my fingers!!! and the SEL would remain in the same place laughing at me... I think that I would wait for Luckyyy to find me a bracelet or I would send watch and bracelets to some of our masters to do it for me.

You are great my friends! Always there... thanks again.