When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom movement holder for 1675

eVojlib

I'm wondering if the rafflestime #2 would work- Rolex sized on the outside and eta on the IDOnly issue would be the stem height and does it fit thru the tube squarely
Hmmm, mabye I should take a look over there and see... And if it's a metal ring I could cut the area to fit the stem thru, like in the shape of a c but more closed. Thanks a lot bud for the heads up, this project has been a long road but so close now to being perfect now.

I used a standard rep ring and got the dremel on it to make it fit but if Yuki sells them thats good ...

2893-2 Movement fits perfect in Phongs case

Cheers

P.

Bingo, this is my exact setup except my ring is plastic and when installed it causes the dial to shift from the movement which creates alignment issues with the date ect.

Mabye I should ask my modder to install a better movement ring, looks like yours worked out great.

BTW, I did the pinion upgrade already to get more height for the hands. Have you had any issues with yours in the past??? I think my dial is held by dial dots and pressure from the movement tabs so im not sure if thats the best way.

Thanks

Bingo, this is my exact setup except my ring is plastic and when installed it causes the dial to shift from the movement which creates alignment issues with the date ect.

Mabye I should ask my modder to install a better movement ring, looks like yours worked out great.

BTW, I did the pinion upgrade already to get more height for the hands. Have you had any issues with yours in the past??? I think my dial is held by dial dots and pressure from the movement tabs so im not sure if thats the best way.

Thanks

Forget dial dots, they're crap. Tell your modder to use hypo cement to glue a dial spacer to the movement then glue the dial to the spacer. It should give enough clearance for the datewheel to move freely and the dial will be secure.

A plastic movement ring won't work because you need a solid platform for the movement clamps and screws. Get a new movement holder from Yuki and maybe a new modder too ...

Cheers

P.

"Bingo, this is my exact setup except my ring is plastic and when installed it causes the dial to shift from the movement which creates alignment issues with the date ect."

If the movement/dial can slide around inside the case when pulling the crown out to setting position etc, it will scuff paint off the dial around the edge when it rubs against the dial seat in the case.

"Forget dial dots, they're crap. Tell your modder to use hypo cement to glue a dial spacer to the movement then glue the dial to the spacer. It should give enough clearance for the datewheel to move freely and the dial will be secure."

"A plastic movement ring won't work because you need a solid platform for the movement clamps and screws. Get a new movement holder from Yuki and maybe a new modder too..."

Very good advice.

Dial dots and plastic spacers are for kids.

...kid's watches that is. :pimp:

Forget dial dots, they're crap. Tell your modder to use hypo cement to glue a dial spacer to the movement then glue the dial to the spacer. It should give enough clearance for the datewheel to move freely and the dial will be secure.   A plastic movement ring won't work because you need a solid platform for the movement clamps and screws. Get a new movement holder from Yuki and maybe a new modder too ...   Cheers   P.
Well this great info and I pass it to the modder so these changes can be made.