When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

F#ck you noob! Where is the courtesy?

Rolexman

You need to get off your shoe box and pipe down mate. Without noobs, even the "bad ones" ,this board will die very fast. So what if they ask stupid questions and show no commitment. With the right attitude from the elders here a lot of more of them will stay.

Putting you above others is the least flattering thing I can think of .....

You are a perfect example of the Noobs I am talking about. Thank you for posting in this thread.

If you have read this thread carefully you would have known that it is not the 'ask questions' or ''commitment' issue that irritates me. It is the courtesy or the lack there off a lot of new members show to the existiting more knowledgeable members. Something your are demonstrating very elegantly ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz
You are a perfect example of the Noobs I am talking about. Thank you for posting in this thread.

If you have read this thread carefully you would have known that it is not the 'ask questions' or ''commitment' that irritates me. It is the courtesy or the lack there off a lot of new members show to the existiting more knowledgeable members. Something your are demonstrating very elegantly ;)

+1

If you have read this thread carefully you would have known that it is not the 'ask questions' or ''commitment' issue that irritates me. It is the courtesy or the lack there off a lot of new members show to the existiting more knowledgeable members. Something your are demonstrating very elegantly ;)

Alrighty then :) You have just showed the bit of ignorance and snobbery the OP reaks of.......

Just IMO of course.

Edited by solkryssare
  • Like 1

Alrighty then :) You have just showed the bit of ignorance and snobbery the OP reaks of.......

Just IMO of course.

Not sure if your being fair mate tbh, it's REALLY hard to show how your posts are intended to come across on the net, easy to type up a post with one intent in mind and someone reads it totally the wrong way  :partytime:

I had this recently myself with another member, he got upset and started shouting the odds at me in the thread (not here I might add) , even after I sent a pm his way to state exactly my view (I agreed with his views) he still ranted on, idiot  :huh:  anyway life goes on !

Getting back to your view on noobs and the forum, first off I still consider myself a 'noob', just because I love watches that doesn't mean I automatically know everything about every model, none of the membership does, what the members here excel at is sharing their brand/model specific knowledge with other members.....old and new ;)  I for one have had members contact me after I asked for a little help with an in depth 'how to' on several builds of mine, they did not need make that sort of effort for me, they wanted to help and for that I am grateful :notworthy: you are right however when you say that we need new members on the forum, but we certainly don't need the 'bad', 'uncommitted' and 'silly questions' we can handle no worries we have all been in the same boat before, but all the op is asking for is a little civility on the board.......from new and old members alike :inverted:  

I'm not posting this to have a pop at you sol, merely to help you understand (I hope) how I think the thread was intended.......tread your own path :)       

Edited by sgtguk
  • Like 1

Cheers mate.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much. Its only the internet after all :)

If the OP posts a public thread named F#ck you noob!, he cant be surprised there will be a little bit of heath. All views are supposed to be welcomed in a public thread and I just voiced mine. Doesn't mean I wouldn't buy Rolexman a beer if I ever met him

Carry on......

• Like 1

i don't think i'm old enough to be considered a vet

but i'm sure i'm definitely too old to be grouped with the n00bz

so i'm with the OP in saying that manners make the man (or the woman in a rare appearance) here

either way i can tell which dipshits were given time outs v/s which dumbazzes were handed spankings by their behavior on here

• Like 1