When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Item not in package, wondering how it worked out?

Mike on a bike

With all the bad things from scamers to PP disputes getting much air time I thought I would tell this short story. :type:

Bought a 1680 of member whoopy12 no problem all good :wiggle:  few days later he is selling parts, AH ! :Jumpy:  a 703 crown (need that) pm him pay all good sending right over Mike. :plane:  Well few days later letter comes ripped open no crown (looks like from sorting machine no foul play), take some of my great pics send, hey whoop no crown! :help:  Well by that night money credited to my PP acct. done! :clap3:

Now this story tells me two things member whoopy12 is stand up guy :1a::notworthy: and always ship with tracking and insurance.

Keep in mind I didn't even ask for money back just sent the news w/pics, this how we should deal with each other. :inverted:

• Like 2

I learned the hard way about those sorting machines when sending a rep crown out to a member. Same thing, he got the envelope ripped with no crown. And I had the crown between two pieces of cardboard. No money exchanged hands but I learned not to ship items in envelopes made for letters.

• Like 1

Must be and epidemic of sorting machine problems.I sent mymanmatt a tritium pearl for a project he's working on for me. I sent everything else in a box last week, but I forgot the pearl. discovered it on my desk a couple of days ago. So, silly me, I put it inside it's little plastic bag, inside a regular envelope, and sent it to him. Damn if I didn't get an email from him today, "got your letter, envelope was ripped open, pearl was nowhere to be found"!!  I should have known better. i generally over pack everything I mail, but I wasn't thinking, in a hurry, and now a genuine tritium pearl is lost forever. lucky I had another one, it's going out tomorrow, in a double plastic bag inside a regular envelope, inside a padded envelope, and it's going Priority with insurance this time!!. Sometimes we get a little too hurried, or we try to save a few bucks, and the consequences are far more expensive than the safer route.