When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6200

cc33

Thanks Denimhead, I Have a small business that I run with a friend. More importantly I'm not married and don't have kids, that's why I have the extra money to spend on this stuff! Trust me if I was married and had kids there's no way I'd be able to get away with spending most of my money on watches. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Denimhead, I Have a small business that I run with a friend. More importantly I'm not married and don't have kids, that's why I have the extra money to spend on this stuff! Trust me if I was married and had kids there's no way I'd be able to get away with spending most of my money on watches. :)

I hereby apply to be your dependent.  So when IF something bad happens to you  :whistling:   I'm first in line for all the no-crown-guards.

Well your right there mate, i'm onto Wife No2 and a couple of kids draining the Watch funds on a daily basis. However there is rather a nice 6538 franken on the way!!!

I hereby take no responsibly for my Alaskan friends actions regarding your watch collection. Keep an eye on your back door CC, he's a master of stealth :ninjastar:

"Stealth"?!!  Pfffffffft. 

I just send my pet "Fluffy" in the front door, and the house magically vacates.  Then I can window shop the watch department all I like.

Good boy.  Sit.  Stay!

bear_bertha_creek_sm.jpg

By the way was reading an article on rpr that was talking about what I'm pretty sure was a Minh dial. They have to use Geiger meters to know if they are gen, I'd say the dials are getting a lot better these days

http://rolexpassionreport.com/8112/be-aware-of-the-new-generation-redone-fake-vintage-rolex-dials-that-are-coming-to-the-market/

That website was a nice find!  I did some looking and found a nice page talking about the 6200 Big Crown.  What a looker!  But you've got a real challenge building yours... look at that long hours hand!

http://rolexpassionreport.com/5816/the-first-rolex-submariner-ref-6200-big-crown-200-meter-waterproof-during-day-trip-to-geneva/

If I remember correctly, our own Freddy333 took parts from three 24h GMT hands and soldered them together to make one perfect final hand.

Perhaps you could join two sacrificial "short" hour hands together in the middle and make it long?

Freddy will know.

If I remember correctly, our own Freddy333 took parts from three 24h GMT hands and soldered them together to make one perfect final hand.

Perhaps you could join two sacrificial "short" hour hands together in the middle and make it long?

Freddy will know.

Yes he did. I copied his method on my first small GMT hand. On my 6204 I made the second and hour hands from pieces of hands. It's supposed to have the longer ones. Maybe some day... ;) .

CC

My 1030 is currently being 'looked at' by my watchmaker. I'm praying that its ok as it arrived in a right rough state. Purchased from an honourable member over at VRF. In 'perfect running condition' Hmmm not really.

I hope it's not too bad, sorry to hear that but a good watchmaker should be able to set it straight

Good luck

Oooooooooooooooooooooo, nice case!  That one's going to be a looker!

And coincidentally, it's born the same quarter and year as my 6536/1. 

The gods have smiled on this project!

Now cc33, the bar has been raised.  Let's see some 6200 loveliness!  :drool:

I hope it's not too bad, sorry to hear that but a good watchmaker should be able to set it straight

Good luck

Had the results of the movement strip down by my watchmaker and it only needs a new Balance wheel and hair spring. Which there happens to be one of on VRF!

This has been my easiest Franken build to date, unbelievable

CC

My 1030 is currently being 'looked at' by my watchmaker. I'm praying that its ok as it arrived in a right rough state. Purchased from an honourable member over at VRF. In 'perfect running condition' Hmmm not really.

I had the same "problem" when buying a *simple* 1575 on VRM... Was "keeping good time and running fine"... My WM told me 1 week earlier it runs about 1,5 hours more a day... Holy crap !

I hate this feeling ! Hope you will get your movement in good running conditions soon :)

I think I have some feedback to leave on VRF...

Sorry, fixed

:) :)

BTW, your 6200 project is lovely...!!!!

You guys really give me the want to make an early sub... !