When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver V3.5 - Extensive QC Pics

Hi

Here's an extensive series of QC pics of the AP Diver V3.5 (Swiss ETA 2824-2 25J) which was ordered just recently by myself and currently being shipped. I'm sure some of you out there may find this type of information interesting when deciding wether or not it's worth the go.

Here's some of my own observations first:
:
Round one of the QC pics had a crooked 9 'o clock marker but this got fixed immediately after indicating it. Pics before and after are uploaded.

What seemed to be scratching on the upper bezel screws on round one of the qc pics wasn't visble anymore on further pics. Remains to be seen if this was just the reflection/angle or not. Secondary pictures almost certainly ruled out ay scratching.

A closer look at the inner bezels reveals some small flaws regarding the contouring of the marking

- upper straight line of the four
- 12 'o clock triangle
- 11 o clock marker

AP logo on the crown should be in a parallel line with the crown itself. Need to check upon arrival if this can be turned.

AR is ok; only a slight blueish reflection, as on GEN so I've read.

Lume: cant fully judge the brightness till I've seen it in real life, although the picture seems to indicate it's rather bright.
The filling and contouring if rather sloppy on the inner bezel markers, which means I'll probably have it relumed.

Do you know of anyone who can do both a relume and correct the contouring of the inner bezel markings?

Alright, won't keep you waiting anymore, here are the pics. Pics on the wrist will follow!

img2784mb.jpg
img2783lp.jpg
img0086c.jpg
img0018ni.jpg
img0088yp.jpg
img0017ue.jpg
img0089hj.jpg
img0027kd.jpg
img0029xn.jpg
img0348qe.jpg
img2779z.jpg
img0082xd.jpg
img0083uz.jpg
img2780vn.jpg
img2782t.jpg
img0084rm.jpg

Marker corrected

markercorrected4.jpg

]markercorrected3.jpg

markercorrected2.jpg

markercorrected1.jpg

Lume

lumeo.jpg

Edited by The_Godfather

How do you know its SWISS movement ? did Angus provide you with the movement pic? 
I want to order, but i dont know the difference between Asian  and Swiss movement looks like  :( *forgive my newbie question* 

i mean.. what if I bought Swiss movement, but they give me Asian movement.

Edited by kalengkong

How do you know its SWISS movement ? did Angus provide you with the movement pic? 

I want to order, but i dont know the difference between Asian  and Swiss movement looks like  :( *forgive my newbie question* 

i mean.. what if I bought Swiss movement, but they give me Asian movement.

Didnt get a pic on the movement no.

This is the part where you trust them :)

We'll see -literally- if it has the swiss movement.

How do you know its SWISS movement ? did Angus provide you with the movement pic? I want to order, but i dont know the difference between Asian and Swiss movement looks like :( *forgive my newbie question* i mean.. what if I bought Swiss movement, but they give me Asian movement. Didnt get a pic on the movement no. This is the part where you trust them :) We'll see -literally- if it has the swiss movement.
Mine does. It's incredible, about 1 sec/day, best movement I've got so far.

looks like Angus his pics

Thanks mate, been a while since I ordered from him. Looks like some of the best qc photos around, even though it has a few extra added. They are very clear and face on and there is no ambiguity.

...tbh, I like qc, despite the complaints about the whole process from some on the forums. .... watches are getting more expensive lately and the qc shots of some of the other dealers can be pretty lacking compared to this layout. The one or two measly, poorly lit, crooked face shots from some dealers are a perfect way to pawn off reject watches. I keep finding I have to go again and ask for further QC to clarify something that could be nothing, but could be a ridiculous flaw.

They should all do QC like this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this was a PT order.

I've received the watch by now and it looks great; what a stunning piece!

Does anyobody have contact details for someone who can do the reluming / and possibly rebrush the bezel (preferably the same person).

Yes I have a little scratch (superficiel) in there already ...woops, so I'm just wondering what the options are to get this out.

Seems like something an experienced person could do easily.

Edited by The_Godfather

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm based in Europe though so that's not really ideal.

Anyway, there is some bad news.

The movement only works for a couple of seconds to a minute and then stops again.

When you give it a little shake it works again but as said just for a moment.

Does anyone have any idea idea what this could be (power reserve?) and how easy / difficult a fix this could be? Any suggestions as to who could help me on this?

Obviously I'm couting on PT in the first place to provide a solution for this matter since it's clearly faulty movement (Swiss).