When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to all this - Advice needed

BAC

Hi,

So I'm new to all this and joined because I've started a new job that involves a lot of high profile client interaction, so I need to look the part with the right watch on my wrist. 

Because of this I need to know the places to buy that has the best quality but is also safe to buy from, I've obviously been on Perfect Clones and know that their work is supposed to be of a very high quality, wondering if there is anywhere else or if anyone knows anything more about Perfect Clones?

Thanks guys, 

Ben

Sage advice from a knowing member, do your research!

Trusted dealers: read, visit their webpages, look at their feedback, then make a choice.

i will give you some advice that you will probably come across in posts around the forum. When you purchase a watch, keep in mind, Your age, your salary, your position. If you are a junior member of a firm, just starting out, I would definitely stay away from watches that you obviously can't afford. From the sound of your post, you are going to be trying to pass your watch of as genuine.also keep in mind that some of those"high profile" clients may very well be knowledgable about watches. It's going to blow your credibility right out the water if one of your clients notices your watch, recognizes that it's a copy of a 100K watch. He may not be sure it's a a copy, but he's sure you can't afford a 100k watch!! Will he believe anything else you say if he knows you are wearing a Fake watch? How do you explain it if he asks probing questions about your watch?If you can pull it off, are of the age and in a position to afford expensive watches, they other guy will never doubt that your watch is real, even if it's not! It's better to wear a low key watch in the price range that you could afford if it were a genuine. A nice Rolex Datejust, Simple Panerai, dress watches from lots of sellers, you canpull those off. A Breguet Tourbillion, probably not.

• Like 3

Hi,

So I'm new to all this and joined because I've started a new job that involves a lot of high profile client interaction, so I need to look the part with the right watch on my wrist. 

Because of this I need to know the places to buy that has the best quality but is also safe to buy from, I've obviously been on Perfect Clones and know that their work is supposed to be of a very high quality, wondering if there is anywhere else or if anyone knows anything more about Perfect Clones?

Thanks guys, 

Ben

Josh is the best in the business my friend. You are in good hands. Enjoy the hobby.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks guys, 

Ben

Dear Ben

Firstly, welcome to RWG

note the following:

a. Browse the forum, you will find a lot of useful information that will save you some questions and the subsequent snide replies from some of the wittier and less tolerating members here

b. A dealer of the watches does not manufacture the watches. As such, your question of "best quality" does not apply to the dealers here. Be it Puretime, Perfect Clones, Trusty etc, they will get same watch you order from the same source. Take note of this.

c. If you want to know about Perfect Clones (or any other dealer for that matter), go read about their review, don't ask questions here, you will get the typical "awweessoomme, I'll buy from them 13,462,382 times more!" or "nope, stay away", depending on their personal experience. Its a moot question, do your own research noob. Yes you are obviously new, but try not to ask questions that has been posted here for approximately 17million times. It gets just a tad old.

d. If you have found a watch or a few watches you are keen on, post again to ask for help. But questions like "Who is the best dealer around?", "Is Perfect Clones the perfect dealer?" and "Do you think guns should be allowed in the USA at all?" will likely get you varied replies and you would end up more confused than a mouse in a gyro.

Best regards

LK

Nothing left to add. Heed what is excellent advice from knowledgable people my friend, & you will succeed. Not only here, but in life, also. Welcome to one of - if not THE friendliest & most knowledgable watch forums on the planet. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advise guys, I'm looking around at a couple that I like, an IWC Portuguese Chronograph has really caught my eye, the blue and silver one, obviously. 

http://www.1-pc8838.com/00iwpg10002-portuguese-chrono-ssle-whtblue-a7750-improved-p-5491.html

Trying to find one that actually has a blue alligator leather strap. 

Once again, thanks for all the tips, getting a little bit too used to this hobby already. 

Cheers, 

Ben! 

Never going to find a really believable rep strap. some are pretty good, some are awful. here isa photo of a perfect watch for you, unfortunately, it's not a rep, but if you find a used one, it's not terribly expensive either. i have it on a blue crocodile Strap.  The strap came from milano watchbands, they have an ebay store.  

The watch needed a little cleaning before the photos, it's dusty, but you wanted to see what a nice strap looks like. Ibelieve this strap was about 55-60 dollars

post-327-0-81661600-1359857795_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-20119900-1359858007_thumb.jpg

please note that the portuguese uses a movement that has been modified from the original seconds running at 9 to seconds running at 6 (subdials) this makes the movement under go extra strain and your mileage on theese might vary a lot.. your best bet is to stay with a watch having the seconds running at 9, as that is what the original movement was designed to do. And please consider that any rep watch that you get might need service.