When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying my first PAM

martijnp

Hi guys,

I'm a while on this forum and I fell in love with the Panerai watches. Now it's time to add a PAM to my collection!  B)

I have no idea what's a good PAM, my budget for this watch is around $200,-. I'm ordering also a new Breitling from Josh, if it's possible the PAM should come from Josh too  ;)

I saw this PAM 048 and I really liked it, but is it any good for that price? 
http://www.1-pc8838.com/pn048k01-40mm-auto-ssle-asia-2813-p-11614.html

Could you give me any advive? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Martijn

Cannot see link anymore so hard to tell looks like Josh's site has been busted.

Anyhow Andrews is the same I guess ,

86ed47f79b64568d73d13b3bef00a219.image.8

First question is why go 40mm girlie size?

So I will say no , toughen up go 44mm 

Get a 104 http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_58&products_id=9488

its like a 048 but Man Size

a1f203ec2619f94e2cdfefb161cc6ab0.image.8

A far superior watch and this would make a mighty fine First pam

Now just go for it 

Definitely get a 44 mm model The quality of the 048 is poor The 104, 088, 237, 029, 164 would all be better quality auto models that you should look at if you like the 048 Nothing to do with size, the rep quality differences are huge Pam reps made 3+ years ago (which the 048 was) suck compared to those made in the last year or two

390 by H factory?

@ OP, I think you think you have a small wrist, hence cant pull it off. But there are no good 40mm Pam reps, at the least, not that most members in the forums would be satisfied with. As the rest has mentioned, and I'm sure you're here long enough to have that figured :D, 44mms ftw.

Thanks for the comments! I already had my thoughts about a 40mm, will take an 44mm for sure! 

029 all the way M   :notworthy: you won't regret it mate and it'll look great next to that Transocean in the box    :inverted:  

Thanks mate! I'm in two minds about the 029 and the 104

Seriously mate dont bother...

Just put the mouse down and step away from the computer..... !!

:)

Though if you have to stick to the trusted dealers and have a look around on the commments here....

There are also a couple of Rads that might float your boat mate.... 380 and the V1 288K (A7750)

I agree with a few mentioned..though not the 390... 104 , 29, 243, 299, 111 (Noob) and if you are thinking weight etc then why not try a Ti 56 or 61..not the best but the best Ti out or the Flybacks maybe with sapphire... 332s

Edited by PeteM