When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Did anyone see this "demilitarized" 7924?

Nanuq

I looked at it last night. not sure the movement is salvagable. If you read the description, the seller found the watches under water at the military  base. I suppose they were "decomissioned" and then thrown away. no telling how long they were under water. unless someone has some miraculous machining skills, it looks like this may be the sort of project that 5k and a whole lot of sweat, cussing and more money ends with the whole thing thrown back in the ocean.

I wish him luck, because he sure as heck is gonna need it.

I'm sure nanug remembers this, but a few years back, a Doxa T-Graph 200T came up on Ebay. It was in really sad shape, lots of parts missing, movement looked like it had a lot of water damage, but that didn't deter some folks, the bidding went crazy and some guy, who sounded like he didn't have  clue won the thing. If I remember right, he thought he could send it back to Doxa and they would do a complete restoration sort of like the service Omega offers, NOT!! Well, long story short, a few months later the same one showed back up on Ebay in exactly the same condition, obviously a project that never got off the ground.