When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help please.... 9315 bracelet

mir36

Need some help from the experts please.  There's a 9315 posted for sale on VRF (posted Feb 3) with the correct(?) "PATETED" stamping and 380 endlinks.  I read somewhere that there have been a slew of 'NOS' 9135's on the market which are most likely reps.

I'm contemplating purchasing this to complete my early 70's 5513 (gen). 

Can the experts please chime in if this bracelet is the real deal?  Any insight on reasonable pricing would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.  :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can just about guarantee 100% that the bracelet is genuine. There are a lot of guys on that forum who make their living buying and selling vintage Rolex watches and parts. They have a very rigid policy about rep. NONE ALLOWED!!

AFA price, it depends on condition. I've seen 9315's for 500.00 USD all the way up to 1200.00 USD . If that bracelet is the one listed by derek, you don't need to worry, he has about 10 pages of positive references on VRF. Go to the main VRF forum search derek, you will get the results!! He's from hong Kong, has a watch shop there. AFA the price, I would shoot him and email and ask him if he's firm on the 990.00, he might come off a little. most of these guys are wheeler dealers. the bracelet looks to be in really nice shape, and the 380's are just what you need.

Good luck

I can just about guarantee 100% that the bracelet is genuine. There are a lot of guys on that forum who make their living buying and selling vintage Rolex watches and parts. They have a very rigid policy about rep. NONE ALLOWED!!

AFA price, it depends on condition. I've seen 9315's for 500.00 USD all the way up to 1200.00 USD . If that bracelet is the one listed by derek, you don't need to worry, he has about 10 pages of positive references on VRF. Go to the main VRF forum search derek, you will get the results!! He's from hong Kong, has a watch shop there. AFA the price, I would shoot him and email and ask him if he's firm on the 990.00, he might come off a little. most of these guys are wheeler dealers. the bracelet looks to be in really nice shape, and the 380's are just what you need.

Good luck

+1

Thanks for the tips p153!   :)

I asked because when I did a search for 9315's at the VRF sales section I saw a lot of the circa 2008 posts for the NOS bracelets for which the consensus, IIRC, were reps.

I believe that those have been sorted out. Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are some pretty heated discussions over there ,one guy saysomething isn't right, may be after market, another one chimes in and says, you're wrong, that part is OK, and before you know it, they are off to the races. With common things like bracelets, they are all pretty much in agreement. So i believe that you are completely safe with this one. I've bought a bunch od stuff over there, including a couple of genuine watches and I have never had a problem.

One thing you have going for you on that forum, like I said, a fair number of those guys either make their living or support their hobby by buying,selling, trading watches and parts. If you have looked at 300 1680's, you are going to be pretty good at spotting flaws, especially if you know you are going to get burned if you make the wrong decision and one turns out not to be what you thought it was. I doubt that you could fool one of those guys with anything we build over here, unless it was a 100% genuine watch built from parts, and even then, they could tell if the parts didn't match. I believe that the biggest controversies evolve from those grey areas like what was the last serial number 1680 that had a red dial? Some say 4.7M, others 4.9M but no one really knows for sure, because as soon as you come up with a hard number, someone else comes up with a watch with punched papers that is outside the date range. It's really too bad that Rolex SA is completely uncaring and unresponding when it comes to things like this. They have the records, they know the exact serial number of the last red sub, the last DRSD, whether or not there really were white dial  6542's, but they have never in the past and give no indication that they will in the future cooperate with forums or individuals by releasing helpful information. 

Freddy,

the one he's looking at is not NOS, it's definitely used. I agree, I would be wary of NOS parts especially if they are 40 years old!!  there are definitely some around, certainly some of the lucky guys who bought out old jewelry stores that were going out of business and old watchmakers who were retiring or had passed on. Problem is most of the guys who have any NOS parts aren't parting with them (no pun intended). they know that what they have today that's worth 500.00 USD will be worth 1K in a few years. Wasn't it you that said good old Rolex parts are worth way more than their weight in Gold.

"I would be very wary of 'NOS' vintage Rolex parts, especially, when they are coming out of Asia. Regardless of who the seller is."

+1         

Otoh here is an interesting, claimed to be nos part on eBay...item number 281057418215.

(I did not know the spring was brass, I figured it was steel)

"I would be very wary of 'NOS' vintage Rolex parts, especially, when they are coming out of Asia. Regardless of who the seller is."

+1         

Otoh here is an interesting, claimed to be nos part on eBay...item number 281057418215.

(I did not know the spring was brass, I figured it was steel)

I would have thought the same thing, probably tempered spring steel,It would seem like brass would be too ductile and once bent would stay bent. Freddy  has a genuine HE valve on his DRSD, so I'm sure he could set us straight. Otherwise most of this sellers stuff looks pretty straight forward.