When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How bad is these Tudor Subs?

HaydenM

Hey all,

I've been looking around for a Tudor sub rep but unfortunately they all seem to be on the rather expensive side, or a DIY job. I have absolutely no skill with watches and do not associate with watch aficionados so although as near to perfection as possible is preferred, it is far from a necessity. 

So I'm now asking anybody who knows their Tudor subs how bad these are and whether or not they could be (simply) modified to be any better.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/tuv10001-vintage-5514-style-date-submariner-asia-2813-p-12096.html

http://www.puretime.co/product/vintage-tudor-submariner-7928-yellow-lume-dial-a21j/

Thank you in advance

HaydenM

p.s.  If anybody knows of any good Tudor sub reps for sale elsewhere that would also be appreciated

there are lots of things wrong, but as alligoat said, for 98 bucks, probably OK. The puretime with  the HEV is totally unbelievable, also the crown is too big, the crown guards look too short, but that may be because the crown is so big.Also the movement which is made to look like a Rolex is wrong, because the Tudors used ETA movements and they were not decorated to look like a Rolex movement. I would spend a little more money and try to find a modded one on the sales forum. Either that or try to find a 5513 or 1680 case on the forum and build one.

Thank you all. I would not mind making one but have no equipment or tools to do so, so the initial cost is high.

As for the ones seen in the sales area many are either not what I am looking for or they are more of a frankenwatch and have many gen parts bringing the price up quite dramatically.

may go with the josh's sub as it is more like the original than the puretime watch and after all it's cheap. But before I pull the trigger I'll stay on the look out for a while to see if any good Tudor Subs or Tudor Snowflakes come up.

thank you again

HaydenM

Thank you all. I would not mind making one but have no equipment or tools to do so, so the initial cost is high. As for the ones seen in the sales area many are either not what I am looking for or they are more of a frankenwatch and have many gen parts bringing the price up quite dramatically. I may go with the josh's sub as it is more like the original than the puretime watch and after all it's cheap. But before I pull the trigger I'll stay on the look out for a while to see if any good Tudor Subs or Tudor Snowflakes come up. thank you again HaydenM
Hayden, A lot of us don't do the modding ourselves. my expertise level is changing/sizing bracelets and straps. can open the back of one, but can't do anything once I'm inside except look!!!