When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Hess Fine Auctions" presents a very crazy Franken....

scott60

Can anyone make heads or tales of this thing? And was the cal. 1565 used in either 5512 or 5513, maybe in the later years?

No. 1530, 1560 or 1570 only (& 1520 or 1530 in the 5513). The '5' denotes a date complication, which none of these (non-date) watches would need.

The watch is somewhat unusual for having dash marks on either side of '- SWISS -'

No. 1530, 1560 or 1570 only (& 1520 or 1530 in the 5513). The '5' denotes a date complication, which none of these (non-date) watches would need.

The watch is somewhat unusual for having dash marks on either side of '- SWISS -'

sorry about the 1565 question, it was a mistake I meant to say was the 1560 ever used, and you answered that. thanks.

It's a 5512 Sub. The dial says Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified and the 1560 is a chronometer grade movement. The 5513 caseback is no big deal, Rolex mixed up casebacks on these two models all the time. This watch isn't a franken, it's an old 5512 with a redone dial. I figure it will go somewhere around $4K usd- that's my guess! If it had a decent dial it would be worth a lot more.

It's a 5512 Sub. The dial says Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified and the 1560 is a chronometer grade movement. The 5513 caseback is no big deal, Rolex mixed up casebacks on these two models all the time. This watch isn't a franken, it's an old 5512 with a redone dial. I figure it will go somewhere around $4K usd- that's my guess! If it had a decent dial it would be worth a lot more.

The 5513 caseback is no big deal, Rolex mixed up casebacks on these two models all the time.

Ok. great, this is very good to know!