When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Pro (SMP) w/ ETA 2824 movement

mysql

Wow! Your pics look great!

IMO the biggest flaw is the HEV is a tad to low. Second would be the crown is to long but overall the watch is superb. My SMP is the most comfortable watch I own.

Cheers

Edited by 700club

Second would be the crown is to long but overall the watch is superb. My SMP is the most comfortable watch I own.

Cheers

I'm not sure if the crown is too long or not... the crown is stripped so I can't screw it all the way down right now. I'm emailing PT to see if he has replacement parts or something.

So I've been lurking around the boards for about a month now and I've finally mustered up the courage to ask a few potentially noob-esque questions.

I've been eyeballing a blue SMP for a while and it has officially outranked the "moonwatch" speedy on my list of future purchases, but I'm left with lingering questions about both of these models. The SMP's tend to have the bezel alignment issue and the speedys have the errant 6-o-clock subdial which needs to be frozen, but I have been unable to find anywhere how these things are done.

Joshua has a beautiful non-Bond SMP (I don't go for the official Bond versions, I mean his certainly doesn't have his codename all over it, right?) which has the bezel alignment issue, while Neil has an "aligned" version available. If I pick up a watch from the venerable Joshua how do I get my bezel realigned? Is this a DIY modificiation, do I go to a local dealer/repair shop, or do I ask my seller to do the mod for me before it arrives? All these posts keep showing watches that their proud new owners have modified to be more accurate, but nobody seems to go into the details and I'm pretty mystified.

Finally a truly truly newbie question. As a mechanical engineer one of the primary draws to a mechanical watch as opposed to a super-accurate quartz piece is the prospect of have a beautiful precision built machine strapped to my wrist. As such I'm inclined towards display backed watches so I can watch all the beautiful gears mesh their tiny, sexy involute profiles in their shiny red jewels when I get bored at work. Does anyone sell a SMP with a display back, or is that just sacreligious non-sense?

Thanks in advance for being nice to the quiet new guy!

all you have to do is pop the bezel off (Use a knife or some other sharp object that can fit under the bezel). Just be careful not to scratch the rest of the watch when you pull it off. Once it pops off, remove the bezel insert. It's got double sided tape or something holding it on. So you can just slowly peal it off. I superglued my bezel back on after turning it.

Then snap the bezel back on. Entire process shouldn't take more than 2 - 6 minutes.

all you have to do is pop the bezel off (Use a knife or some other sharp object that can fit under the bezel). Just be careful not to scratch the rest of the watch when you pull it off. Once it pops off, remove the bezel insert. It's got double sided tape or something holding it on. So you can just slowly peal it off. I superglued my bezel back on after turning it.

Then snap the bezel back on. Entire process shouldn't take more than 2 - 6 minutes.

Hmmm.... too easy! Does this take a significant amount of force? It seems like it would be a bad idea to design a watch whose bezel was too easily removed. Thanks for your help, whenever I get around to putting an order in I won't be worried about the bezel anymore.

Joshua has a beautiful non-Bond SMP (I don't go for the official Bond versions, I mean his certainly doesn't have his codename all over it, right?)

I believe the blue one with the wavy textured dial is called the Bond SMP. The limited edition with 007's all over is called the 007 edition SMP. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There is another Seamaster Professional that looks completely different, and that's the non-Bond version.

I've got one on order as well (Asian GMT version) and am planning on the bezel realignment, but that's definitely something I'm not concerned about (in terms of damaging the watch).

Hmmm.... too easy! Does this take a significant amount of force? It seems like it would be a bad idea to design a watch whose bezel was too easily removed. Thanks for your help, whenever I get around to putting an order in I won't be worried about the bezel anymore.

yeah, it took me a few trys before it popped off. There is a metal wire that goes on the inside of the bezel that does the "clicking" and forces the bezel to turn in only one direction. It's easy to put back on once you're done.