When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538 update

cc33

So after finding out that my replacement Minh dial was stuck in customs, and still is btw, I bought a refinished dial from ebay that looked really good. His pics weren't the greatest but I thought it looked like it would be a very nice dial. I just recieved it today and all I can say is wow.. It's spectacular. Made in Germany apparently and it shows!! Here's a teaser, I'm on my way to my watchmaker to have it installed. Ill post pics of the complete watch as soon as I get it back.

post-38788-0-09591200-1360945916_thumb.j

post-38788-0-38966800-1360945926_thumb.j

post-38788-0-92044600-1360945937_thumb.j

post-38788-0-35191800-1360945957_thumb.j

post-38788-0-85368800-1360945979_thumb.j

The second is gen yes. Original gilt 6536/1 dial in bad shape.. I have no idea who the dial maker is, I've been chatting with the seller who so far has told me that he had it custom made by a German company. It was done using an original plate and techniques. The next time I speak to him ill ask for the name of the company. I'm sure a few others would like to know as well

Edited by cc33

Is the German firm Jurgen's (Not the lotion!!) They make bracelets, straps, watches and do dial refinishing as well. like most of the folks who are legit dial refinishers they are very upfront that they will not make a dial that's not what it started out as, and they will not "Upscale' a dial, like convert a 1680 white sub dial to a red sub dial. I've looked and am having a hard time finding anything on their dial refinishing, possibly no longer doing dials. Old info was s.parts.de, only one reference comes up and it's a VRF post from a while back.They used to post over on the Military watch forum, but I haven't been over there in ages.

The Big Dawg is on a first name basis with Minh and Jürgen. The rest of us are still trying to figure out "who has the best Sub?"

Nice pickup mate!

*cough* get it??

Lol, oh please!! You and freddy are still ages ahead of me. And I have no Idea who Jurgen is but I did go back to his email about the dial and he made a reference to an Ivan.. I looked through vrf and found a member who fits the bill.

http://www.swissdialco.com/

I guess we all have to wait for him to complete the site and upload pics but I'm pretty sure this is the guy. He said he had Ivan custom make the dial, watch out Minh and phong, I think we have a new dial maker coming in for some of the action

Edited by cc33
  • Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

My fathers name is Ivan :) but he likes wines and drink them by liters :D thats NO way he did that dial, well maybe the last one the gen one :D it komda looks like his works after a few bottles of wine ;)