When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cyclop problem

Erict719

My wm9 suppose to have gen crystal when bought from an other member. But it does really seems to have 2.5x cyclop.

doesn't 2.5 x should have the date window four corner touching the cyclop corners?

but when on brighter light the date seems bigger.

My question is does light effect it. and if I got faked and it is stock wm9 crystal , will it have 2.5x?

I don't have LEC or AR cyclop

I meant it does not have 2.5x *

As I keep on reading million pages, I can almost 100% sure I got faked by the seller. The watch should only got a Clark crystal , not gen. The bevel edge is very thin , as gen should be a but thicker.

could anyone do a close up shoot of the bevel edge of a Clark vs gen for me please

No offense, but you clearly don't even have an idea of what correct magnification looks like. Why do you think you "can almost 100% sure" you "got faked"? If you have a gen crystal from the pre-etched-coronet era, it's pretty damn hard to tell it apart from a good aftermarket sapphire. And there are dozens of different aftermarket sapphires available, not just from Clark's, all with slightly different shapes.

Mine is pre coronet.

well the reason why I think it's not gen is the edge of the crystal. As I review many pictures , the gen seems to have a thick bevel around the edge, or maybe even two level of bevel . but mine is so thin, almost non. Kinda like the stock wm9 crystal which have the coronet.

did you buy the watch from me ? Or did you buy it from someone else? I did own the watch, and sold it. If you go back and read the sales post, it clearly states that the watch has a Clark crystal. Here is the link to my sales post. http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/127021-sold-wm9bk-16610-v3-modded-and-genuine-parts/?hl=%2Bwm9+%2B16610#entry923139 . If you bought it from me, you should have known it had a Clark crystal. If you bought it from someone else after I sold it, The crystal could be a genuine, or maybe not? 

I believe that you should do your research and look up the old posts before you start accusing anyone of cheating you. I went back and looked through my old messages, it was sold to another member a couple of years ago, so I cannot say what crystal is on the watch now. However, when you use one of my old posts and use the context that you used, "previous owner", I believe that you should have clarified that while I was a previous owner, It was not sold  by me to you.

• Like 1

Sorry man, i should be more clear to my post. I didn't buy from you my friend. I just keep on research and find that you are one of the owner to this watch. since when pass to me. The seller told me its gen... But honestly . If you stated that its Clark... I think it's Clark too. since its exectlyn the same as yours. don't mistake me at all. I am not saying you cheating me. I just said I found a post of my watch. Since I can't upload pics , so I use your link .

Edited by Erict719