When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from Maui !

HauteHippie

Aloha Chief!

That is the old Maui Prince Hotel in Makena. The last one going south. I have stayed there and eaten often at the sushi bar. It is a few

blocks from my old house of ten years on Akala Dr. Maui Meadows. I remember how the house would shake when the military used to bomb

Kaahoolawe Island. They stopped in 1993. I do miss it. :boat:

Hey hambone, this is Kapalua Bay. I think Makena is a bit south of here but maybe I'm confused or just overly relaxed. The Mai Tais have been flowing.

I just realized i havent thought about new watches in many months. I do think I'll look around for a black 16520 dial and make a swap from the white to black for a while... Not much else on the horizon though. Any suggestions

? :)

Anyhow back to the Mai Tai....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chieftang, you are right of course, Should you go to Big Beach at Makena, (best on Maui) you will see the similarity.

E malama pono brah! Save some sun for me, I'll be there in a month.

Is Lani or Omni around?

Omni lives on Maui, Lanikai lives on Oahu. I usually go twice a year, and around this time. Survived that last two tsunamis! This year it'll be in May to see my Son graduate from the University of Hawaii. 

@Chieftang: You should get to see a whole bunch of humpback whales. Now's the best time of year and Maui has the most. They are awesome! 

E malama pono brah! Save some sun for me, I'll be there in a month.

Is Lani or Omni around?

Omni lives on Maui, Lanikai lives on Oahu. I usually go twice a year, and around this time. Survived that last two tsunamis! This year it'll be in May to see my Son graduate from the University of Hawaii.

@Chieftang: You should get to see a whole bunch of humpback whales. Now's the best time of year and Maui has the most. They are awesome!

The whales have been amazing. Yesterday we sat at the Sheraton bar on Black Rock beach and counted them. Blowhole after blowhole and two tails in about an hour. Some probably no more than 200 feet off shore. This after snorkeling with two sea turtles and dozens of varieties of colorful fish. Moorish Idol by the hundreds.

Great stuff. I never want to leave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk