When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

here to buy good frankensteins watches in ASIA

paulpatts

hong kong is full of little hole in the wall side shops with questionable time pieces. they put on 501bs when it should be 580s, crystals that look new, you get teh feeling theyre going through the parts bin and fitting whatever they can to call it a "complete watch" my guess is they are 40% franken with several non oem parts but then sold for thousands.

That's interesting.

In my opinion the Best way to a Franken is to source the parts you're wanting to use on your own.

Then either build it yourself or send it to one of the Forum expert modders.

It may take alot longer but it's well worth the time and efforts.

In the end you'll know exactly what you have. :)

I'd agree with correctime on this. Build your own frankens. It takes a little time, but with the help of a watchsmith, it's fairly easy.

16013 w/ eta motor

photo18.jpg

built it 5-6 years ago for $500, I also wear it on a TT jubilee

1803 in stainless steel- 1556 movement and white DD dial

photo-11.jpg

this one ran around $2300

16800 matte dial sub- started out in a noob case- on the right in the first pic (watch on left is a gen)

P1000185.jpg

then I put it in a ST 3035 case this year

photo-27.jpg

Now days all I do is build frankens- they're more expensive than OOTB reps, but certainly a step above

hong kong is full of little hole in the wall side shops with questionable time pieces. they put on 501bs when it should be 580s, crystals that look new, you get teh feeling theyre going through the parts bin and fitting whatever they can to call it a "complete watch" my guess is they are 40% franken with several non oem parts but then sold for thousands.

where I guys talking about Hk store that have franken ??? those second hand watch store? They class as used gen... not rep

Hi alligoat,

I hope that you are doing well, sir. I really like your pictures that you posted up today of your frankens that look like you built yourself.

Are you interested in selling any of them or would you be interested in building me one?

I just purchased my first rolex rep (TC sub with Gen insert) and I am hooked and cant stop. I already want another one and now want one even MORE gen like.

Let me know what you think. You have some great watches.

Thanks,

Patrick

NOTE: I tried sending you a PM but I am getting a message that you cannot receive any new messages. (sorry for posting here)