When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How can provide parts for AP ROO Franken?

997 s

Built back in the day when men were men and more importantly, parts were available. :)

post-85-136892473571.jpg

Dial, hands, gaskets, crown, pushers, etc. And it is still going back one more time for Edge's fabulous datewheel.

Lovely piece W! Post some pics when the DW is installed will ya? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just looking at everything tonight.

The hands are a hold-up, but I've heard that there are a couple of gears that I need too.

Which gears do you need?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Afaik what is needed is this:

Movement

Hour wheel

Canon pinion

This should be sufficient.

Someone else who can confirm? The Zigmeister, Watchmeister, Daytona1984? I'm pretty sure though :)

So, a fully working watch with correct movement will still require these parts? I thought it was a straight drop in, other than case, movement holder mods??

The point is that unless you buy a donor watch or movement with the dial and hands installed on the movement then the hour wheel and canon pinion willing be laying around as there is nothing to hold them in place. So any loose movement you buy will have them lying around separately or not at all.

The point is that unless you buy a donor watch or movement with the dial and hands installed on the movement then the hour wheel and canon pinion willing be laying around as there is nothing to hold them in place. So any loose movement you buy will have them lying around separately or not at all.

That's what I needed. I have a working watch with case, dial, hands, movement and strap. So I am ok. Great news.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are the exact two dials I have! (The AP anyway)

Or am I the 3rd owner of someone else's projects?

I'll post pics when I get home.

Projects never die. They just recycle. :) It is interesting as I have seen a recent rash of the older dials appear in my neck of the woods. The tough part is still getting the hands.

• 4 months later...

Ap parts are hard to source if you dont have a GEN, ADs check the serial numbers of what you are ordering. however for a premium, I sugest that you check out for real dials and straps; http://www.chrono24.de/audemarspiguet/teilezubehoere--acc.htm

high prices, but can you put a price on a FRANKEN?

:)

Happy hunting, and the real attractive thing is the T3 dial, yet I have no idea what movement belongs inside???

anyone?? 

possible?

:)

TK

• 2 weeks later...