When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen New 111 H With New Front Dial

t

I noticed the LUMINOR MARINA and PANERAI are also a different size when laying the image over a gen dial scan.

not sure exactly what you mean.

Please send me the gen dial scan and I'll alter my work.

I overlaid the work I did on the best version of a gen 111 dial I could get but the 111 picture was not taken head on.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I overlaid the work I did on the best version of a gen 111 dial I could get but the 111 picture was not taken head on.

Notice the height of the characters in PANERAI.

post-3611-1164409168_thumb.jpg

The graphic I uploaded I believe is correct, and I can give you the dial graphic in any format, I contacted David yesterday but he hasn't responded. If there's anyone else who can print dials, I can give it to them as well.

The graphic I uploaded I believe is correct, and I can give you the dial graphic in any format, I contacted David yesterday but he hasn't responded. If there's anyone else who can print dials, I can give it to them as well.

I used photoshop to cut the "N" and "R" from the "LUMINOR MARINA" on the top part of the dial and pasted it into the "PANERAI" on the bottom.

the font heights look the same to me, any small discrepencies can be explained by the angle of the picture and the resolution, but there really isn't any difference in height that I can tell.

What we really really need is a high res large picture of a gen dial.

154581-14046.jpg

I used photoshop to cut the "N" and "R" from the "LUMINOR MARINA" on the top part of the dial and pasted it into the "PANERAI" on the bottom.

the font heights look the same to me, any small discrepencies can be explained by the angle of the picture and the resolution, but there really isn't any difference in height that I can tell.

What we really really need is a high res large picture of a gen dial.

154591-14045.jpg

post-3611-1164416969_thumb.jpg

post-3611-1164417013_thumb.jpg

how many of u guys can tell if the 2mm by 2mm font is wrong when u view the watch at 3-5m away from someone else's wrist or 1m from your wrist w/o having a gen on that same wrist to compare it to?

so what if it's wrong? he's trying his best to make the best for all of us..give that poor chap some credit! :(

how many of u guys can tell if the 2mm by 2mm font is wrong when u view the watch at 3-5m away from someone else's wrist or 1m from your wrist w/o having a gen on that same wrist to compare it to?

so what if it's wrong? he's trying his best to make the best for all of us..give that poor chap some credit! :(

If something is worth doing... it's worth doing right.

Davidsen has been very receptive to any help we can give to make the dials "perfect". I don't think we're offending him, I think we're recognizing that not only has he done a kick-ass job building a dial, he's got a GREAT attitude towards other people helping him perfect it.

Kinda like open source software, lots of eyes make any bug shallow.... lots of eyes make a perfect panerai dial :)

Z

Update:

Thanks CLS for the good eye and pics.

I got a very large hires scan and tweaked my printing:

- the M and N were too wide. Fixed that. You were right :)

- the R was a little too wide. Fixed that.

- Angle on A was wrong. Fixed that.

- O was too oval. Fixed that.

- actual spacing on characters was a little off, the LUMINOR and MARINA do not line up directly under each other. That was fixed.

154864-13975.jpg

I sent the files to Davidsen.

Update:

- actual spacing on characters was a little off, the LUMINOR and MARINA do not line up directly under each other. That was fixed.

154867-13974.jpg

Nice work! Maybe Davidsen will name it the New 111H Zetter Edition :D

I hate to link over to another forum but here's where Davidsen is accepting suggestions for the new dial:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11487

If you can help, got the skills, please do since I want that perfect dial for christmas :D

I have never been able to access RWI... page never comes up!

hate to say it but the watch in your avatar is a davidsen and even with the blurry pic I can tell it is fake and not even close to gen..

the font in a panerai with such a clean dial is much more important than in other watches....it simply has to be perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

just saw this string of posts....any update from davidsen on this? nice work zetterdawg.

Update:

168714-10390.jpg

The biggest flaw is not the font but the colour of the text....

The genuine Panerai H series dials have 'salmon' or 'off-white' colour and not the clear bright white davidsen is using.

Well.. I guess there will be a 5th version now? :bleh:

Friend's genuine 111H.. Check the colour:

168878-10354.jpg

PLUS forgot to add.. that it should be EMBOSSED and not just plain painted on the dial...

My B series genuine dial has painted and white colour letters...

My 112 H and I series have Embossed lettering and salmon/beige letters...

• 1 year later...
Hambone..

that watch looks great!!

would take that over a davidsen anytime....

i wore one of those in an AD and they examined it and asked if I wanted to apply it for a trade it.

WOW I can't believe you think so. That link supplied shows a watch with the same old pinion problem and the same obvious "swiss made" crunched into the six problem. Who cares if the A font looks better......you gotta get all up in the sauce to see the font of an A