When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

astonjenks

Christmas came early today and for those of us that like Big Watches I wanted to share the attached photos and thank the members, Pete and Matej for their incredible and superb help in getting these together.

The PAM 187 has just returned from a full relume and waterproofing from Matej and is set off beautifully by the new genuine strap and pig buckle that Pete kindly sourced from me. Looks stunning and wears beautifully.

The Hublot Pete had fully modded by having the Lume totally removed and redone by Domi (incredible job) and a Swiss movement replaced the Asian one and finally AR to such a level i often think the crystal has popped out! It was waterproofed and again, a genuine strap fitted.

The Rolex Challenger was completely stripped down by Matej, regulated to 0.001 secs per day, refinished laser script, totally relumed dial and pearl and then waterproffed. It looks amazing, this is the biggest of all three for sure.

Many thanks to Pete and Matej, two memebers taht make belonging to such a forum as ours worthwhile.

Best regards

Astonjenks

PS The Hublot is nearer teh camera so looks a tad bigger however as I am sure you know teh PAM is 47mm, the Hublot 48 and the Rolex 51mm

post-48021-0-01055200-1364293741_thumb.j

post-48021-0-53947300-1364293757_thumb.j

post-48021-0-08859700-1364293761_thumb.j

post-48021-0-92936200-1364293773_thumb.j

post-48021-0-24730100-1364293785_thumb.j

post-48021-0-84052300-1364293803_thumb.j

post-48021-0-74459200-1364293816_thumb.j

Great group you have there. :) Never tried the Challenger but love the 187 and Hublot. On the Hublot, did you change the lume color or keep the same "mint" color? I have seen and worn the rep and the gen but never figured out what to do with the rep. Did the luminosity actually improve a lot?

Thanks Guys.

I have just over an 8 inch wrist like my fellow Memebr Mike in NJ.

The lume that Domi did on the Hublot is identical to the Gen, he totally removed all traces of the rep lume prior to using teh very best lume, it shines like a torch and as the watch was already a super rep, with the movement, the gen strap and the lume, its possibly as good as it can get. Pete had the work done on the Hublot an dif you know him he is not only a true expert but a very fastidiuos horologist!

AJ

Great additions to your collection!

Been looking at the Challenge with thoughts of getting Phdad to work it over like my PloProf.

The only thing is that bulky side profile on the skinny standard strap - have you had any thoughts on a beefier strap? 

Keep us posted if you come up with anything.

Cheers

I have to say that it is all relative.

That is to say that I sold a Rolex Sub C XL (44mm) the other day as I personally prefer large watches and after wearing my Marlin Fiddy as a daily and then the Hublot 4000, 44 mm feels too small, or should I say not big enough!

The Challenger is on my wrist as I type and it is not that much bigger in terms of case size, width and height to the Hublot and sits and wears really well. Only a few weeks ago I even tried an Egi PAM which did feel crazy and i caught and released that, I cannot see me doing that with the Challenger as it looks (with the mods) really great and feels really great on the wrist, it makes you smile to look at her. I believe the bracelet is wider than a standard DSSD also as the lugs are 24mm.

With the right mods I cannot encourage you enough to get yourself a DSSD on steroids!

Regards

Andy

Holy crap!!! They are big boys toys indeed!!

That challenger sounds crazy cool, you kept that quiet when I snagged the Sub C XL from you!! ;)

Nice collection there man, wear them in good health! and you're right, Pete is one of the best out there, he's a proper guy!!

Sixx   :bones:

Sixx, are you saying you want my Challenger as well as my SUB C XL? :)

I have had it on most of the day and am thinking of wearing it to a couple of meetings in London tomorrow, it will certainly get lots of attention!

Matej, you've done areally great job, i will certainly enjoy them, thank you.

Best regards to all.

Andy

Interesting, from looking at the photos, the DeepSea Challenger looks much smaller than the Hublot. In the side by side comparison photo, it looks like about the same size as the Submersible. These are all way too big for me. I took a 243 in trade a couple of years back, and it was re photographed and back on the sales forum in a couple of days, just too big for my wrist. The Challenger is a very interesting watch, and I'm sure it will be and attention getter!!  

The Hublot is bigger than I realized.and was not even aware of the huge new Challenger. Great rio indeed!

Guys, I will take a couple of shots when i get back later today (10 hours) of the three the same distance from the camera as teh Hublot does look bigger due to the fact the strap doesn't lay flat! I could of removed teh straps and lay the Head on the surface !

I will also post a lume shot to show you the glow of these boys!

Regards

AJ

hey AJ, great big boy collection you have there.

regarding photos, do you have any watch pillows to put them on? That will take away the perspective problem without having to de-strap them

Watch pillows!! You need three identical sofa cushions to strap those big hulks on!! :weight_lift2:

Sorry for the delay, it's been a long day!

The simplest thing to do was simply to 'unclip' the Hublot strap! The Challenger is nearer by the thickness of the bracelet.

The photos are not great, especially the half lit lume shot, apologies but you get the idea.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-01647900-1364416680_thumb.j

post-48021-0-00304200-1364416698_thumb.j

post-48021-0-47538900-1364416714_thumb.j

The Hublot is actrually 48mm x 22mm which I believe is the exact size of the gen? The Challenger is a tad bigger with case diameter at 51.4mm, height of 28.5mm and the crystal alone at 14.3mm, the photo below shows this well.

post-48021-0-91999300-1364493675_thumb.j

WOW!

Any way, it is big. It is big and thick!

With this you can dive down to the deepest point at the earth, and if you do not survive your watch will!

The disadvantage will be that if the watch would break down when you reached the bottom the rescue personnel could look at your broken watch and see when you reached the bottom. With a working watch this would only be working when they picked you up.

Any way, this is a strained situation... I do believe you will not come into this situation.

So until then you can be sure that you have a watch that, in theory can bring you to the deep!

8-D