When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki 3135 arrived with broken pieces

username here

Just an FYI regarding my experience.  I purchased a yuki 3135 and sent it to a member for servicing.  He tore down the movement and found in his words:

There's broken jewels, jewel springs that are broken, its a mess. 

I requested yuki send a new movment- and they asked that I send the first one back prior to them shipping out a replacement.  The movement is in pieces, so asking to have a dead movement reassembled seems a really bad use of time.  I'm not sure what to do.

If you want a replacement, reassembly/reshipment back to Asia is really your only option, as this is standard policy of most sellers in my experience. Also, as you should know, rep movements generally arrive in poor/unserviced condition & broken/missing jewels are very typical of what I have seen over the years. That is why it is always recommended that you have the watch professionally overhauled upon receipt if you want to keep & be able to rely on it.

I requested yuki send a new movment- and they asked that I send the first one back prior to them shipping out a replacement.  The movement is in pieces, so asking to have a dead movement reassembled seems a really bad use of time.  I'm not sure what to do.

If you were yuki, and shipped someone a movement, and they said "I took it apart and now it doesn't work send me another one" what would you say?

It ran fine when it was together but as soon as I took it apart it was like a booby trap. One of the jewels was split in half.

Those 3135 copies are a PITA. Poor finish and terrible fitting parts. It's a real adventure taking them apart and an even bigger challenge getting them to perform well. Like I mentioned in my review a while back there really is no reason to buy one other than the crown position and gen-like time setting direction. One is better of with a 28xx clone.

If you were yuki, and shipped someone a movement, and they said "I took it apart and now it doesn't work send me another one" what would you say?

"sorry- I agree that it's reasonable to expect a manufactured product not be broken when received by the buyer.  I'll split the cost of a new movement with you".

"sorry- I agree that it's reasonable to expect a manufactured product not be broken when received by the buyer.  I'll split the cost of a new movement with you".

If it was broken when you received it, that would be one thing. But you tore the whole thing apart. Warranties are typically voided when you take things apart.

Yes, I agree that it sucks the movement had broken jewels. All of the reviews have said it's not ready for prime time.

i've got a gen dw im installing on a 16800 build.  I have no problem using an ETA- i'd prefer it- but what can be done to get the gen DW to work?  Or- other solutions?

Which one? Rolex has made all kinds of different date discs.

A gen 16800 would have a 3035 in it, and if you have a 3035 datewheel it won't work on an ETA because the numbers go the wrong way. But then it won't work on a 3135 either.

Got to this discussion late. The jewels I believe are exchangeable with Gen units. The jewels can be purchased separately and added on. Which is not a bad deal/idea. The gen 3135 disc will not fit without modifying(sanding off the OD .12mm) which is a PITA, but I have done it with no issues. 

Overall the two Y3135s that I have purchased and sent for service are golden! If I have time this weekend I will compile the pictures and put something together. Chris(10:10) returned the movements about two to three weeks ago(can't remember now) and both are still at +/- 7 seconds a week! I am running my Franken/Hybrid 16610 with one and I'm finishing the SSD for Duke this weekend with the other one. I will definitely purchase another one for my 16800 build and do the same as before.  The thing is that in production, there will always be percentages. Things slide through and get overlooked. With the "crackdown" in China, I can only imagine this get a bit worse. The good thing is that most mechanical parts interchange with gen. Keep that in mind. 

Sad this happened, but it may be a good thing to take the offer from Yuki and keep the spare parts. Just my .02

E

I think you should go ahead and finish repairing your movement. If you reassemble it, and try to return it, they will know it's been be torn down as soon as they look at it. Then, of course they will not replace it. So, save the time of returning it and spend the money to repair it. Lesson learned!  On another note, I recieved some dwo's with the numbers going in the same direction as a 3035. Never seen that before. Would only work on a 3035. I guess if someone had a scratched date wheel on a 3035, they  could use the ovelay to fix the problem.

doesn't work on the eta for sure, lol