When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen flat 4 have weaker pearl lume then pointy 4?

Erict719

Your flat 4 is probably has a tritium pearl. I have a gen 16610 from 2000 and the pearl is as bright as the dial/hands lume

A 2000 insert would have a SL pearl (or maybe a luminova pearl)

Tritium went out in 1998

A tritium pearl can still be white and not glow as much or not at all if it's older. But lots of the older tritium pearls do turn yellow and then light brown.

Flat 4 inserts went out late 2002 or 2003

A 2000 insert would have a SL pearl (or maybe a luminova pearl)

Tritium went out in 1998

A tritium pearl can still be white and not glow as much or not at all if it's older. But lots of the older tritium pearls do turn yellow and then light brown.

Flat 4 inserts went out late 2002 or 2003

Sorrry ,

I didn't make it quite clear enough. my pearl/dial/hands are SL. What he might have is a lumi pearl on the flat 4 and a SL pearl on the other. both will glow, just the lumi will not be as bright.Hard for folks to understand my Southern shorthand writing !!!

Hey guys , do u guys have longer lasting lume on the dial, compare to the hands.

My match is tc dial with wm9 v3 hands .

Dial seems to last long then hand set.

anyone of you in the same way? Just wondering

I would bet that this is a problem with a lot of watches that have mis-matched dials/hands. One manufacturer uses more SL or a better grade, and their dials or hands glow brighter and longer.the other guy uses less and maybe a lesser quality and the results are less glow and shorter duration. I have even see this on genuine watches, the hands are brighter than the dial indices. Indicates that the dials and hands were sourced from two different locations, probably came already lumed.Lots of factors determine brightness and duration of glow.Quality of the lume material, same lume or a different lume like mixinig C1 and C3, as well as the amount of lume applied.