When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 End Link Problem

mmallers

Friends, 

I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I recently picked up a semi franken 1665 with gen bezel, crown, crystal (plexi dome), date wheel and and nice relumed patina. It came with an old school MBW case. I have always been a fan of vintage rolex and love this rep. 

My question here is the watch came with 503 B end links and a decent rep bracelet. The end links were not a very tight fit and the spring bars are very poor. One spring bar has very little to no spring in it so the watch is basically unwearable. 

My first move was to order the SD bracelet from TC. Total rookie move because it does not have the removable end links and does not fit right on the vintage SD. Now it wasnt a total loss becuase the clasp on the TC bracelet turned out to be much nicer than mine so i exchanged that on my original bracelet. 

My second move was to order the 93150 bracelet from wholesaleoutlet990. I figured i would check out the quality of the bracelet and at the least i would get a decent set of end links that might have fit better with decent spring bars. My conclusion after it just arrived was that the end links are still not a great fit for the 1665 and the spring bars are to wide. with the spring fully compressed it will not fit my MBW case. 

The worst part is my TC SD bracelet's spring bars are to fat to even fit my original bracelet and end links. So here i sit with 3 bracelets and no solutions to my problem. 

Can one of you gurus please chime in and point me in the right direction? I am banging my head on the wall right now. role

Either your case is not an MBW or the end links are not 20mm wide? I have no experience with TC, but it would not surprise me at all if the parts you got from Mr. Slimeball (wholesaleyadayada) are different from what was described. You could try to pick up a set of gen 585s (very rare/expensive) or 580s (sort of rare/not as expensive) on ebay or vrf along with some 20mm springbars from Ofrei or 1 of the other watch parts houses.

i think you are trying to fit the newer SD bracelet to a 1665? that will not fit, although i never tried. the cheap & quick solution is to get a pair of aftermarket (thinner kind) spring bars and and use your 503B and aftermarket 93150 combo. more expensive route would be to have one of the resident modders here to have the lug holes enlarged / drilled out to accept the gen spec spring bars. hope that helps

Hi mm,

My Vintage 1665 Mbw build was in the same state when I got, Mbw are a cracking case to work with but the bracelets can be a bit hit and miss mate  ;)  I found that the WSO 580 endlinks fit perfectly with a rep 93150 bracelet and 20mm spring bars (mine are fitted with tc 2.0 bars) and it is a rock solid fitment, I also used the Tc Sd bracelet clasp and it fitted up fantastic to the 93150.

If you need a set of 580 end links WSO has them in stock all the time :inverted:  Let us know how you get on ! 

Thank you all for your input this has been a huge help. So you sounds like the best solution (for the time being until i decide to go gen bracelet) would be to get the WSO 580 end links. Now, because the TC SD spring bars were to fat to fit through my 503B end links, will they fit through the 580 end links? If so, then i will just us the WSO 91350 bracelet, TC SD clasp and spring bars with the WSO 580 end links and call it a day. 

Thank you all for your input this has been a huge help. So you sounds like the best solution (for the time being until i decide to go gen bracelet) would be to get the WSO 580 end links. Now, because the TC SD spring bars were to fat to fit through my 503B end links, will they fit through the 580 end links? If so, then i will just us the WSO 91350 bracelet, TC SD clasp and spring bars with the WSO 580 end links and call it a day. 

• 1 year later...