When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time 5512

docthor

I think I need to have a 5512 even though my purse is empty.

So I have to buy a budget 5512 first and do the mods afterwards or have to let build one when the budget is "ready".

What do you guys think about this Trusty Time 5512

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=624

Is it worth the money??

From the crownguards and pearl this is not the same as the 'cartel' 5512 that everyone uses for modding. No guarantee on it having gen spec bezel construction or take a gen size dial. Crownguards at least give you plenty of metal to re-shape. 

ohh...no...the budget thingi would only be for casual wear unless I (let) build a nice gen like 5513 :)

So there won´t be any modding on the budget 5513 :)

The question was only what you guys think about its look...

The question was only what you guys think about its look...

Ignoring the issues cited by previous posts, it looks like a nice rep Sub. I have seen better, I have seen worse. As always, the salient point is how much deviation from gen are YOU willing to tolerate?

As always, you should educate yourself on how the gen 5513 looks & then go shopping for reps. That way, YOU can compare reps based on how much the sins of each rep bother YOU.

+! for what Sgtguk says- the Josh case is the best low dollar 5513/2. Good pearl in the insert, takes a better crystal, gen-like bezel construction, and short cgs, but if you trim the insides of the cgs, it's not too bad.

The MBW is the best case for the 5512/3, but the money spent will be $400 for the watch and at least another $200 plus modding it up to nice.

I think I need to have a 5512 even though my purse is empty.

So I have to buy a budget 5512 first and do the mods afterwards or have to let build one when the budget is "ready".

What do you guys think about this Trusty Time 5512

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=624

Is it worth the money??

I think this is a better option from Trusty in terms of accuracy/looks. He even claims all parts are interchangable with gen parts (for what it's worth....):

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=7092

He has three movement options, you can opt for a 2813 at $118 which should be easy on your pocket. 

Just an FYI: I placed an orderd for a couple of these 'ultimate vintage' 5112/13's on April 3 from TT. I asked if they were in stock before ordering, he responded with "yes, I should have them". Turns out he doesn't, and can't give me an estimate when they'll arrive. Just something to consider before ordering. 

Andrew told me today that the factorys are out of stock with all the vintage rolex watches.

But fortunately there was an offer here in the market I couldn't resist.

The watch should be on my wrist next Tuesday :)...pix to come :D

Andrew told me today that the factorys are out of stock with all the vintage rolex watches.

But fortunately there was an offer here in the market I couldn't resist.

The watch should be on my wrist next Tuesday :)...pix to come :D

This was the latest from Andrew for my order:

We are waiting for the factory to pass us the stocks before we can prepare the QC pics.

Please do be patient. There is also a lot of backlog of orders to exit. Thanks.

Andrew

I continue to wait....... :play_ball:    Glad you lucked into one DocThor.

Edited by Vibramute64