When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carbon diver on Puretime.

From what someone stated on RWI, they won't actually be changing anything on these watches for production, so the carbon effect that you see in the pics is what you will get.

I see what you mean, It's a nice looking watch, but the cases are not a patch on your CF. I can see this wood effect causing a few headaches when they hit the forums.

Final is out on RG, pics up on website

Oops just seeing your post now, thanks!

Got an email from puretime that my order was declined? checked with the card company they said that there was no issue with my card. I tried to email and call puretime but no reply til now. anyone experienced the same thing? can help advise? Thanks.

Some thoughts...

It's almost impossible to capture Forged Carbon in pictures accurately. It changes dramatically according to light and light angles. I have a FC RG Grand Prix and a custom Forged Carbon Montoya case. There is no way I can take accurate photos to depict the true effect of genuine Forged Carbon.

Some thoughts...

It's almost impossible to capture Forged Carbon in pictures accurately. It changes dramatically according to light and light angles. I have a FC RG Grand Prix and a custom Forged Carbon Montoya case. There is no way I can take accurate photos to depict the true effect of genuine Forged Carbon.

true, D, true.

It is extremely hard to bring out the beauty of FC in pictures. Most need post-shot editing.

Else it'll just look like mid-grade black wagyu beef slab :D

Forged carbon montoya case you said...hmmm.. send a pic mate! :lol:

I think we are being conned  .. the final version on Angus site and over at rg .. bezel number are not the same as sample pic!!(fat) they are the same size as v3 thin!  ...plus no lower bezel brushed edge .. and same shitty wood pattern ... incorrect yellow no ti parts !! bad Cyclops A.R... 1 step forward .. and 10 back !! . not even a fc breakthrough looks nothing like fc they were better of using plastic would have looked way better !!
..totally .....................Sucks!!

p.s incorrect rubber strap!

I think we are being conned  .. the final version on Angus site and over at rg .. bezel number are not the same as sample pic!!(fat) they are the same size as v3 thin!  ...plus no lower bezel brushed edge .. and same shitty wood pattern ... incorrect yellow no ti parts !! bad Cyclops A.R... 1 step forward .. and 10 back !! . not even a fc breakthrough looks nothing like fc they were better of using plastic would have looked way better !!

Funny you say that. I always applaud efforts to take it to the next level but I thought the case looked bad and the yellow is the wrong yellow as well. I have seen the gen at the boutique a couple of times now and although pictures distort things neither the carbon nor the yellow look right. But for the sake of those who are buying it I am hoping it is just the pictures.

We can always count on you my friend for the eagle eyes.

I did not place my order because though I am a fan of FC, yellow is not my thing. 

I am looking forward to see pics of the actual watch. Thank you Z for pointing all the flaws out!

ha ha yes my eagle eyes still got 20/20  

as nice as it looks it has its flaws .. and over priced !!  its great from a distance .. but close up the fc ..is the deal killer !!

I think we are being conned .. the final version on Angus site and over at rg .. bezel number are not the same as sample pic!!(fat) they are the same size as v3 thin! ...plus no lower bezel brushed edge .. and same shitty wood pattern ... incorrect yellow no ti parts !! bad Cyclops A.R... 1 step forward .. and 10 back !! . not even a fc breakthrough looks nothing like fc they were better of using plastic would have looked way better !!

Good eye

Honestly what a big let down, entirely different from the proto pics, that 'wood grain ' carbon is horrendous

To those who own or have seen forged carbon up close and in person, don't waste your time with this.. Will be a huge let down

anyway here is what forged carbon should look like :)

post-37115-0-18364300-1366695965_thumb.j

Edited by MJC

• 2 weeks later...

Good eye

Honestly what a big let down, entirely different from the proto pics, that 'wood grain ' carbon is horrendous

To those who own or have seen forged carbon up close and in person, don't waste your time with this.. Will be a huge let down

anyway here is what forged carbon should look like :)

It is supposed to look like that?

I have seen the gen a number of times and simply put the FC should look like marble - not wood grain. I went for the other one from Trusty/Josh but there are still unanswered questions on that as I haven't seen a dial or other parts pics. Hope springs eternal. Why do I have this awful feeling we are going to have to combine the best parts of 2 watches. Sound familiar. :)