When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

700 crown / tube combo from Phong

bones

This was the reply I got from phong

they are have both 3 dot is old style has been use for Sea-Dweller before and no dot newer style factory specs on tube 700 you have to use grind tools to install and use epoxy to seal or lock tight and after you install in use cutting burs to grind inside to 2.20mm to fit the crown. that factory specs. let me know if you are watch maker?if you don't know how to install let me know send to me I will do it for you just pay shipping Phong

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Show me a pic of the inside of your crown, at the same angle where Freddy shows his trio.

See how the threads on the 700 go clear to the base on the inside?  That's unique to the 700. 

ok this should help, this is actually gen spec 700 crown and tube , phong made these with the 3 dots which is incorrect, should have NO dots, but he will argue that fact, the tube will fit the crown, you will have to install the tube and then actually drill out the center of the tube so the crown will fit inside, the gen is like this also 

Show me a pic of the inside of your crown, at the same angle where Freddy shows his trio.

See how the threads on the 700 go clear to the base on the inside?  That's unique to the 700. 

It has threads that go all the way to the bottom of the inner crown, which would suggest its a 700. 

ok this should help, this is actually gen spec 700 crown and tube , phong made these with the 3 dots which is incorrect, should have NO dots, but he will argue that fact, the tube will fit the crown, you will have to install the tube and then actually drill out the center of the tube so the crown will fit inside, the gen is like this also 

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a 700 crown when it has three dots. But oh well, i knew it would need broaching on the inside of the tube.