When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Drsd Finished At Long Last!

Sherrington

Well I have finally tinkered long enough (I think!) with my MBW DRSD. I have been trying to get the look just right and the CG's perfect for quite a long time now. I think I may have achieved it. What do you guys think? Here's the Genuine DRSD that I used as my model:-

154743-13994.jpg

And here is my MBW with all the mods to try to match it:-

154743-13995.jpg

I even tried to make the photograph the same!!!!! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

For those of you who have asked mods include:-

CG's milled

Gen crown and tube

Gen pearl and better aftermarket bezel fitted

Gen tropic 39 superdome

Gen springbars

Dial lumed by The Zigmeister

Bold font datewheel fitted

Correct hollow link bracelet with 93150 stamped on it

Bracelet refinished and oiled

Case back aged and paint removed

Case waterproofed and pressure tested to 200m

I think that's about it!!!!! Now let me finish off my 1680!!!!!

Well I have finally tinkered long enough (I think!) with my MBW DRSD. I have been trying to get the look just right and the CG's perfect for quite a long time now. I think I may have achieved it. What do you guys think? Here's the Genuine DRSD that I used as my model:-

And here is my MBW with all the mods to try to match it:-

I even tried to make the photograph the same!!!!! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Sherrington:

If someone could figure out how to enlarge the date window (I've yet to see any rep with a correctly-sized date window), it would be a perfect match. Great work!

Sherrington:

If someone could figure out how to enlarge the date window (I've yet to see any rep with a correctly-sized date window), it would be a perfect match. Great work!

I have enlarged the two photos I posted earlier, to exactly the same size of case etc and compared the date window. It measures EXACTLY the same size to me, although it is measurements from photographs, but still. I think the gen has a very slightly smaller font size than the one I have used, making the date window look larger. Unless I had an actually watch to compare I can't say for sure but they seem the same size date windows to me.

I have enlarged the two photos I posted earlier, to exactly the same size of case etc and compared the date window. It measures EXACTLY the same size to me, although it is measurements from photographs, but still. I think the gen has a very slightly smaller font size than the one I have used, making the date window look larger. Unless I had an actually watch to compare I can't say for sure but they seem the same size date windows to me.

The font may have something to do with it too. But if you compare the height of the date window to the minute markers adjacent to the date window the gens look taller. There also seems to be more white space above and below the date on the gens.

It appears to me that an OEM dial and an MBW dial have the same date window size. I've handled both at the same time upon many an occasion. I am, of course, only talking about vintage dials as (you veterans all know) that for the most part, I don't mettle with sapphire crap*

*There are some exceptions to this rule.

Cheers :drunk: