When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time ultimate superlumed Sea Dweller 16600

docthor

And another introduction for today :)

Last week I received my "accidently" orderd ultimate superlumed Sea Dweller from Trusty Time
Why accidently??...because I didn't even think about of ordering a Sea Dweller...but once I saw this beauty (whoever did that review I was reading...my wife hates you ;) ) I couldn't resist :D

This SD is pretty well made. The only flaw that came directly to my eyes is the crown...I already orderd one from TC :D
The second thing is the bracelet...they put on a 93250...a TC93160A is on its way :)

The watch runs like a champ with only 4sec + (Kello checked), is waterproof out of the box (100m they say...will let it being checked at Domis...) and has a pretty good PR of 35h :)

Well...nuff said...here are the pix...

img_94423tf8f.jpg
img_9444uechj.jpg
img_9445rld0h.jpg
img_9446rscti.jpg
img_94489jiyt.jpg
img_9450zodxc.jpg
img_94519lfc6.jpg
img_9453wbd0o.jpg
img_9454vgiu0.jpg
img_94588nevh.jpg
img_9462v4dgc.jpg
img_9463jje07.jpg

This looks like the new updated 'BP' version that Is being discussed on the sister forums. Loads to shout about. Pearl and bezel of a rare rep quality, crown guards shaped to near perfection, super lume acting like a cherry on top. A beaut mate!

Bracelet the only major complaint. At 128 usd for the 21j (mind the off centre date wheel with this movement) it's a bargain.

Thanks for sharing Doc, wear her in the very best of health.

Went to search some gen pics after posting, clicking back and fourth w/Doc's great pics checking out CGs closely among other things must agree real cracken Rep. I am sure others will find things but on the wrist with Doc's intended upgrades gonna be one tough customer to call out for sure.

I thought it was the new style ceramic BP Subs that had the 'officially certified' word spacing issue?

Yep it is  :fool:  my bad !

Age is a wonderful thing does wonders for my memory and my reading skills too at this time of night !  

Phew! But you are right SGT - BP have updated their new style ceramic date and no date subs. New dials (correcting the spacing) and bracelets (clasp issues) supposedly....

Arguably BP make the best out of the box modern subs and SSD now.

Noob factory this is a call to arms! What have you got to better these BP offerings?

There is a noob factory modern sub update in the development pipeline, so fingers crossed.

As for the SSD this seems to be the undisputed champion for now. Not sure that anyone else has anything close out of the box on sale or in development.

Please chime in if anyone knows differently.

Apologies for high jacking your gorgeous photo thread Doc!

We have 15 pages on RWI raving about this watch. They have truely captured the gen SD. Regarding the Jackjo SD, this one will blow it out of the water as his was based on the old Super SD that had the incorrect case and xtal I think. This is the SD to have right now. For $128-$168 depending on where you buy, this watch will blow any rep and gen priced in this price range out of the water! Hands down think it is probably a contender for 2013 Rep of the year.

Every comment of you guys makes me more happy that I "accidently" bought this SD :)

...gimme more...;)

but...I paid a little more then 128$ - 168$...248$ to be precise. I guess the cheaper ones have the cheaper movement (21j)...mine has a A2836 with RLX markings and perforated rotor design (woohoo)...;)

we'll see what really runs in there when the crown will be changed...could it be that one has to be very patient when ordering stuff from TC?? :D

Yeah, that price range I put is for the cheaper, I hear, great new movement.

Edit: if you don't mind I posted one pic of yours over on RWI. It is virtually indistinguishable from a gen watch someone posted.

Edited by ebzen02