When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new(ish) 16800...

fidhle007

Doc is that a ndt dial?

All gen.

My original tritium hands and dial are tucked away.Got a 2nd matte dial that had the tritium washed off and had it relumed. Got some service hands, gen LV insert, 93250 bracelet and there you have it, a 16800LV.

All gen.

My original tritium hands and dial are tucked away.Got a 2nd matte dial that had the tritium washed off and had it relumed. Got some service hands, gen LV insert, 93250 bracelet and there you have it, a 16800LV.

Ok that makes some sense. I am thinking of a 16800 build in my future and I too like lume on my dials and was not fond of a gen tritium dial that I would relume.

• 4 months later...

Unless you relume one with pbdad. Got a spare and did that for my 16800.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368094278.056645.jpg

Nice work.

glad it was revived

THAT is awesome looking! not an LV fan, but with the matte dial it is def better than the original modern LV.

was it determined if this was a startime case?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea what you're talking about with the case ;-)  It's from someplace called "ST" you see...  They've since discontinued the 3035 case which is a shame because it was a lot better then the 3135 case they offer.  Yes, movement was gen but I purchased it as "Serviced" from Correctime here and it was definitely not serviced.  I sent it back to him to have it redone and he went dark leaving me out about $1500...

I have rebuilt this sub with a chronometer grade 2824 and TC dial and it's SCARY accurate!  Better than some gens I've seen actually...

I will be parting ways with this sub soon though, the financial hit of the stolen movement is still lurking and it's somewhat soured the pride I gained in building it.  Keep an eye in the FS section if you need one!

~Brendan

I have no idea what you're talking about with the case ;-)  It's from someplace called "ST" you see...  They've since discontinued the 3035 case which is a shame because it was a lot better then the 3135 case they offer.  Yes, movement was gen but I purchased it as "Serviced" from Correctime here and it was definitely not serviced.  I sent it back to him to have it redone and he went dark leaving me out about $1500...

I have rebuilt this sub with a chronometer grade 2824 and TC dial and it's SCARY accurate!  Better than some gens I've seen actually...

I will be parting ways with this sub soon though, the financial hit of the stolen movement is still lurking and it's somewhat soured the pride I gained in building it.  Keep an eye in the FS section if you need one!

~Brendan

Shame about Correctime and his 110% gen issues. I hope you get that back brother.

The 2824-2 TC movement is very good also. I have been running a TC with this setup and dead on. For a 16800 build the 2824-2 may be a good option, plus the hands move in the correct direction in relation to the crown.

E

The 3035 is CCW like the ETA movements.  One major difference is that the DW advances CCW on the 3035 though.

YES!  This is why for the 16800 the ETA is a good sensible choice. The date wheel change orientation is not too bad a deal breaker for me as long as I can find a good date disc for it. I may actually use that approach in the end and use the 3135 for the 16600 when TC decides to get some good cases, or for my v3 16610. 

We should do a group buy of good quality round threes open 6/9 date discs for the ETA. 

E