When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought gen 2011 Aerospace :)

fraggle42

(Subject was "Just Missed 2011 Aerospace")

Don't know what the other bidders max was but it went past my £1350!

Very nice watch owned by an RAF gent, rather annoyed at myself for not bidding more.

Oh well, I'm sure another will turn up at the right price :)

I feel your pain, just keep on searching, and when you do find one you want on the bay, don't bid early, stalk the listing, and snipe bid in the dying seconds with the whole amount you are prepared to pay for it.

Hahaha! Cash is king :)

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon after having a chat with the seller.

Can't believe I'm spending this much on a watch when next month I'll need a couple of grand spending money on my holidays! Oh well, it'll be lovely to have it to wear when driving round the Riviera.

Pics coming soon.

Picked it up today.

All boxes and documents and receipt, watch in reasonable condition.

The owner bought it new in 2011 and is an RAF pilot flying Hercules transport planes. The watch has been all over the world, and has picked up it's marks and swirls from various war zones - the scratch on the bezel happened in Afganistan when he was unloading and had to quickly grab his weapon.

He's going to find pics of him wearing it around the world :)

So nice history to it!

I spent half an hour cape codding it this evening and it's improved the looks of it 200% but still a way to go to get rid of all the marks - saying that, with it's history I quite like them :)

post-50255-0-31134100-1368644128_thumb.j

Thanks guys, I feel this one will be seeing a lot more wrist time than the others now :)

I'm really hoping that the chap will find and forward me the pics of it from around the world, might take some time as hes busy in the middle of a divorce and a move.

Richard

Congratulations!  For quartz Breitlings, I have an Emergency and a B-1.  Almost picked up an Aerospace a month back.  I have the "multifunction crown" on my E, and you get used to it quickly.

Enjoy, that's a beauty.

The multi function crown is a bit wierd! Slow twists, fast twists, normal position & 1 & 2.

Easy when reading the manual, and easy to operate the basic functions when the watch isn't on your wrist. Happily I can count the number of times that I've actually used a watch chronograph on one, maybe two hands so that doesn't worry me at all :)